Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Postby lumais » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 am

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.
lumais
Paladin LV 80/47
Paladin  LV 80/47

Postby lumais » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 am

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.
lumais
Paladin LV 80/47
Paladin  LV 80/47

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:41 pm

^Got the same thing as you, lumais.

Anyways, something interesting: Just a couple days after this was posted, we started a unit on personalities in my psychology class... We've been taking tests like this and stuff. Maybe I'll post some of them later.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Eccs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

INTJ

Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 67
Intuitive 50
Thinking 62
Judging 22

NT - "The Rationals"

Keirsey describes the NT group's primary objective as "Knowledge Seeking". The NT grouping includes the types:
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Eccs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Was just looking at the old forums to see if there was a change in results for the personality test, but unfortunately I didn't do one previously. I will just have to find my work personality test I did for HR maybe compare that to my result here. I will post it as soon as I find the folder.

Just curious if bear and luma have had a change in results since they last took the test.

/swt2 I'm being a bit nosy and overly curious, sorry occupational hazard I look into things a bit much especially changes in trends and analysis....
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Tony May-San » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am

The jung typology test. Top man Bear! carl jung was a brilliant psychologist, his work is just amazing. i'd really recommend his work to anyone, its all very interesting. i have this test book marked on my laptop and pass it around to new people i meet to find out more about them. although i cant remember my percentages (i might even have my results saved somewhere, ill check it later) i got INFJ, the counselor, which i feel is fairly apt. i've always wanted to help people and my intuition is usually pretty spot on too. im pretty good at helping people resolve their emotional problems and i feel i'd be a great counselor.

'Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.' - Carl Jung
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby lumais » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah eccs mine has changed I was an ISTJ last time I took this test.
lumais
Paladin LV 80/47
Paladin  LV 80/47

Postby Bear » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 am

Late reply here, but yes Eccs, my result stayed the same since last I took it =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Ninja_moofin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 am

INFP

introvert 11
intuitive 25
feeling 50
perceiving 11

Which I guess places me as a "Idealist Healer"

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity, Healers can often feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Jane Gray » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:09 am

I've heard of this before. I am an INFJ "Counselor." It is so right, yet I've never noticed it. :|

This is an nice topic. I haven't heard of Myers-Briggs in a long time.
Jane Gray
Jane Gray
Thief LV 40/30
Thief  LV 40/30

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer