[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Flipp'n Glitches!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Rants and NSFW

Flipp'n Glitches!!

More adult conversations. Only lightly moderated but still abiding by forum rules. May contain coarse language or nudity-Not Suitable For Work. You've been warned.

Flipp'n Glitches!!

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Skryim, I love you, but we have to talk. See, I know you're a flawed creature, and I don't really mind that. Something so full of content, with so much world and so much to do, would probably be nigh on impossible to debug completely. So if a dragon wants to fly sideways, I've got no problem with that. If a mammoth wants to rise twenty feet into the air and then fall back down, I've got no problem with that. If a man wants to stand next to himself and be half in the ground, I've really got no problem with that.

You can launch me twenty feet forward every time I walk through a door that loads a new area. You can let dragon skeletons never disappear, still writhing around in the throes of death agony even though they've been dead for ages. You can even let me stack three weapons on the same weapons rack, never to be retrieved ever again. Because you do so much good, and frankly, some of the glitches are just funny.

But then you give me an awesome follower character in Serana. I never regularly used followers until then. She was stuck in that cave for generations, just waiting to go questing with me. She kills enemies good, and I never have to worry about her health. So you made me want to use her on random quests, not just the ones where you need to have her with you. So I go to Solitude and get a random kill such and such bandit leader in such and such place quest. In this case, the Pirate leader of Broken Oar Grotto. And all goes as planned.

Except now Serana can't leave the cave. No matter what I do she can't leave the cave. Oh, she'll walk out, but she won't be outside when I get there. I go back in, and there she is. I can't tell her to just go back to Fort Dawnguard. She tries, but it doesn't work. Nothing I try to get her out of that cave will work. I told her to wait, hoping that when the next patch came out things would be okay again. But alas, a new patch downloaded and yet Serana still cannot exit that damnedable grotto. So now, the only follower I liked using, who spent pretty much her whole life locked in a cave, is once again locked in a cave.

I am angry, so I rant.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Flipp'n Glitches!!

Postby Farore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Have you tried going to a save point from before you entered the cave? It sucks losing progress but she is just too good of a follower to leave stuck in a cave. I don't usually use followers either, but she was definitely worth it.

Also that dead dragon body rolling around, I have one of those stuck outside Riften. It freaks me out because every time I enter the reach, from any where, it falls down as a rubbers mass of dragon.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Sadly, back when it first happened my last save was rediculoulsy far back and by the time I realized what the problem was all my autosaves didn't go back far enough. I didn't want to stop playing so I kept a seperate save and moved on, and frankly I've done too much to go back. I have a little over half a dozen characters started, but this one is on the main save of my main character. At least I'll have her for other characters, and a kept a save for my main character to go down the vampire quest line that still has Serana not cave stuck. Cave stuck? hmm... Maybe I have to go through some Andrew Hussie style rediculousness to get her out. Maybe its a test.

No. No its just a glitch. Oh well. Nothing I can really do I was just hoping the patch that I downloaded last night might help.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Ah, that sucks. I remember way back when playing Morrowind, and at the time when you were over encumbered you couldn't move. Period. And the only thing I would do was either drop everything (I think I had some kind of damage strength debuff) or go back to a previous save. It was such a tough decision, but I decided I didn't want to lose all my stuff so I went to the reverted save. Let me tell you though, from that point on I had about 20lbs worth of restore strength and feather potions on me AT ALL TIMES.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 am

And now I can't buy the alchemy laboratory for Breezehome. Not that I really need it for this character, but I hope any other houses I buy don't glitch like this.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

I didnt bother getting the alchemy station in breezehome for quite a while. theres one just up the road at dragonsreach.

the only glitch ive really had problems with in skyrim is the guy at the septimus signus outpost. i finished the quest 'Discerning the transmundane' before i did the main quest to find the elder scroll. needless to say when i was told to visit him again to find the location of the scroll i raged hard.

i still to this day havent finished the main storyline of skyrim.. although after looking at the wiki i may have worked a way around it. i might be able to go there without being told its there (using my amazing wood elf psychic abilities) and pick it up, theres about a 50/50 chance it'll let me pick it up apparently..
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Hopefully that works out. I only bother with the alchemy lab because it fills an otherwise cobwebby hole in my house. Also it has a book shelf and a chest, and that chest is usually where I dump all my gathered ingrediants, smithing, and enchanting supplies until I establish a better base later on.

Mostly the glitches haven't bothered me. I still haven't finished forsworn conspiracy because a guy died. I might go double check it, though, because I guess he's supposed to die. That might be where he was supposed to kick it, but if so I didn't see any clues as to what I should do next. It seems like glitches have picked back up since the last patch. Especially the hurled through a door glitch. Usually I would just load a few feet into a room, but last time I walked into Dragonsreach I was all the way up to the fire by the tables, and when I walked out I was over the bridge and down the first flight of stairs. This one isn't really bothersome, but I do worry about being thrown into a group of enemies in some interdungeon door. Also, some dungeons have doors that lead on to small ledges at the top of mountains. It would be a shame if I feel to my death because of that glitch. Though it doesn't seem to put you over edges so I doubt I have to worry about it.

Okay death by load-door hurling would actually be pretty funny, at least once.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 am

just wait, door-load hurling is nothing compared to fast travelling and appearing 40 feet above the location you were aiming for.

load screen load screen load screen, arrive at location, fall out of the sky, death. it happened about three times before i finally decided to just walk there..
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Wow. That sounds infuriating. It also sounds hilarious at least once.

My friend has the person standing next to himself half in the ground glitch, except there's three of them. Two of them are standing there and the third is in the ground. He's tried to kill them just to see what would happen, but no dice.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 am

That's one of the three reasons I could never play an Elder Scrolls game on a console. I just get too much utility out of the command console to warrant any benefits from playing it on a bigger screen (and any other benefits that come from not playing on a brand new lap top). Although sometimes not even that helps if you rely only on auto-saves for longer than an hour.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Next

Return to Rants and NSFW