[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - "Life's Unfair" Venting begining in 3... 2... 1...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Rants and NSFW

"Life's Unfair" Venting begining in 3... 2... 1...

More adult conversations. Only lightly moderated but still abiding by forum rules. May contain coarse language or nudity-Not Suitable For Work. You've been warned.

"Life's Unfair" Venting begining in 3... 2... 1...

Postby XelaReko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 am

Ok the following is just a lot of complaining. I know doesn't change anything and I am sorry for the language, but I just need to vent!

I haven't been on the forum much because of life has just been the biggest fucker in the world! On Friday, some Bastard tried to break into my house. Nothing was taken but it scared the crap out of me. Didn't sleep well the next night.

Then, I have my doctor tell me that the reason I am losing feeling throughout my body is because my body is attacking itself and that, even with a lot of treatment, I can live to the ripe old age of about 30. I have roughly less than 9 years left? And even before that, I will likely be paralyzed or lose my memory or some other shit.

THIS SUCKS SO MUCH ASS! I can hardly even think about it without some kind of massive emotional break down, be it anger or depression or something else. Why does life have to be such an ass?!

I am going to get a second opinion and all that. I have tons of support as well from great people. I just needed to bitch about this and couldn't do it in front of them.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: "Life's Unfair" Venting begining in 3... 2... 1...

Postby Bear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm kind of speechless man. I really hope that things turn out to be better than expected for you.

I know this is probably really hard for you to cope with right now, but once you start feeling a bit better, try your best to keep yourself in a positive mental state. Do things that help you stay positive and concentrate on seeing yourself being completely healthy. Be grateful for your health and well-being on a daily basis. Meditate/pray as often as you can just to think about what is awesome in your life and what you are grateful for. Think about the positive aspects of your friends, your family, all those around you who support and care for you.

Try really hard to keep yourself in a positive state where you can see yourself living a fulfilling life. Have fun and enjoy yourself, and never concern yourself with how much time is left, because no one really knows that for sure.

I'll be wishing for your health and well being! =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby XelaReko » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 am

Sorry. I just didn't have anywhere else to whine. Now that that is off my chest, please continue to go about your day as normal.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, it's hard to know what to say in this situation but I feel for you even though I don't know you that well. Hopefully when you get a second opinion that turns out better. I wish you luck and hope everything turns out ok or at least better.

Though I haven't had my house broken into before Farore has and she was pretty shaken up about it for a while, they did unfortunately take some things though we were able to get some of it back. I've been held up at gunpoint at two different jobs but that's not quite the same as a break in. Though it's good they didn't take anything from you it's still hard to shake so I can understand that.

Good luck man and hope for the best.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Don't consider it whining Alex...that's a lot of crap to deal with.

Everyone has shitty stuff they have to deal with and I think that's a major reason Pie and I wanted to make Life in Aggro as funny as possible; we want to have a way to bring some laughter to others. It is also therapeutic for ourselves for whatever might be getting us down, so it's mutually beneficial haha.

It's really difficult being in the thick of things when bad things are happening; especially when a lot is happening at once. I've had some pretty low points in my life too, but I really feel like when I'm in those situations, if I try and focus on what I have instead of what I don't or focus on the positives, it helps bring me out of those lows. The biggest problem sometimes is being able to believe in those positive things when at those lows; sometimes it feels impossible to focus on that.

I believe that the negative stuff in life help us gain deeper appreciation for the positive things in life. I hope that doesn't sound dismissive of your situation, it is only something that I use to help me out. I say it in hopes that it might help you too.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah. I've had to go through a lot of shit lately, too. It's cool Xela. I can't believe you had to hear that from the doctor. Here's hoping you can get some sort of second opinion.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby XelaReko » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 am

You guys are awesome. I really appreciate all of the support. And Bear, laughter always helps. I still look forward to Fridays.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Pie and I have been thinking about you a lot lately Xela; I'm sure you have a lot on your plate right now but don't be afraid to share what is happening with us (if you feel comfortable enough to) and rant some more if you need to.

Here's to hoping you are doing well. *cheers*
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby XelaReko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 pm

I got several more doctor's opinions and the results were similar. I cried a bit then said "fuck it, I'm going to live it up!"

I decided I wanted to get my bachelor's degree this summer so I have been working my ass off. Still feel kind of depressed some times but for the most part, I feeling better. I did binge on video games though, nearly doubled my collection.

I told my family and they were amazing about it. Best family ever.

So before things get too bad, I shall be called "Dr. Coker" and be off heading around the world, exploring and enjoying life as much as possible.

It feels weird still to have to think about death though. I don't really like it. I never thought I would die in a bed, paralyzed and not knowing where I was. I always thought it would be from one of my crazy ideas or on an adventure. But seriously, I have no restraints now. If some one puts me in a situation where I can be epic and awesome, (for example, a mad scientist makes a ninja dinosaur and unleashes it on the world near me) I think I will just throw myself at it. Yeah... That is the way to go. Mortal wound sustained while defeating the mutant ninja dinosaur and catching the bad guy.

Maybe I have been playing too many video games.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm so sorry you're having to go though this, but I'm glad you've taken a positive outlook.

If i happen upon a mutant ninja dinosaur running around rest assured you will be the first person I call /no1
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Rants and NSFW