[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY STEAMS MY BUNS?!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Rants and NSFW

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY STEAMS MY BUNS?!

More adult conversations. Only lightly moderated but still abiding by forum rules. May contain coarse language or nudity-Not Suitable For Work. You've been warned.

Re: YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY STEAMS MY BUNS?!

Postby Farore » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Part of the insanity-inducing snow problem is that we get it so rarely that Las Vegas doesn't have the stuff to deal with it. They had to bring in snow plows down off Mt. Charleston. But the other problem is that people are idiots and don't understand how snow works. It is on the ground, and make the road slick. Slow down slower and speed up slower. That does not mean go 10 Miles an hour on the freeway and slam your brakes every two minutes.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:00 am

There's also the part where it is Vegas, and 90% of people are drunk during most of the day.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Needless to say, I wouldn't want to be in Vegas during winter just in case of that small chance of snow.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Pie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 am

Wow, Las Vegas sounds dangerous. /swt2

If 90% of people are drunk in the day, then is it like... 120% of the people are drunk on holidays and after working hours? XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Farore » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 am

120% sounds pretty accurate. haha.

It really isn't that bad with the drunk drivers from what I've seen. Holidays are horrible of course, but that happens everywhere.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 am

120% sounds pretty accurate. haha.

It really isn't that bad with the drunk drivers from what I've seen. Holidays are horrible of course, but that happens everywhere.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Well, drunk, texting, talking on the phone (even though all three are illegal in the state of Nevada now), punching babies, humping air, other things people do while in rush hour traffic that they should never do, thinking they'll actually meet the guys from Pawn Stars when they get there, etc.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Farore » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 am

Gotta watch out for those air humpers.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm

This doesn't make me angry so much as it just confuses me. What is up with people who park four feet away from the window in drive-throughs? I mean, why? Don't you want to be able to reach your slow suicide in a bag? I know I do. I just don't get it.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby chrisb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:45 am

I really hate the way social media has been used during this tragedy. Don't get me wrong, 99% of people are honestly mourning or trying to keep people informed, but there are those (mostly on reddit) that act like this is some kind of real life action movie or are acting like little kids playing detective. Reddit has helped quite a bit during the investigation, but there seems to be an equal amount of concerned/helpful posters and annoying neckbeards making themselves feel more important than they really are.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and NSFW