[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Sooo...hedgehog?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Sooo...hedgehog?

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Sooo...hedgehog?

Postby Alexx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Saw a hedgehog the other day. Outside. Just...walkin' around. It was at a large park while the wife and I were walking the dog (THANK GOD we saw it before the dog did - for both parties involved). Now I have never seen one in the wild, and wasn't sure about where they are usually found...but according to Wikipedia, they aren't found in america. Makes sense, 'cause this one honestly was not as worried about the dog as a little guy like that should have been.

In fact, these pics were very easy to get. He didn't care about us barely at all. At best he paused and gave us a glance to see what we would do, but there was no running or scurrying away. Just...kept on sniffin' the ground for bugs (I assume) and waddling on his merry way.

Now of course...I guess this had to be a released pet? Which sucks, 'cause I wasn't sure at the time. Poor thing might die out there....unless he's been out there the whole time. Hard to say. Maybe he knows how to hybernate? Do they do that? I mean we're still getting out of winter here. Good thing for him at least, is that he is the exact color of the dead grass. Camo! I guess.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring this up. Very curious.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Sooo...hedgehog?

Postby Pie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks for posting the hedgehog pictures! =) They make me very happy. It's not like I grew up where there wasn't very much wildlife, but it always seems to be a blast for me to see wild little critters roaming around. Squirrels are cool, but they're a very common site. I still remember how excited it was for me to see my first wild mouse, rat, and bunnies. There's actually a path nearby where if you take walk early early morning, you can see many wild desert cottontails! XD It's also especially exciting when you have a chance to see one super close. =)

For the longest time, I didn't know what a real hedgehog actually looked like so it made me really excited to see some in a cage in a Taiwan Zoo. They were one of the highlights for my brother and my visits there. There were probably five or more of them in a small 5x5 room. Most of them were usually sleeping, but there was always one that would run in a running wheel for a few seconds, run to a small closed door at the back of the room, then right back on the wheel to run again. He just kept doing it over and over again. XD

Another notable shock at the zoo was how big porcupines are in real life. It looks like it could be pretty scary. =/

Thanks again Alex for the post! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Junk Drawer