[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Your true scary stories
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Your true scary stories

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Your true scary stories

Postby chrisb » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:19 pm

It's almost Halloween, so we should get in the spirit by telling terrifying true(ish?) tales!

This happened about 13 years ago. My aunt and uncle had just had their second child and were looking to get out of their small apartment and buy a new home. They managed to find a nice little yellow house in a small suburban neighborhood. The house was old, but it looked very nice. I remember when they bought it the house was always super chilly in certain areas, but it was nothing to really be weirded out by.

After they moved in my oldest cousin (5 at the time) received some rag dolls for her birthday. It was a boy and a girl doll. So the weird things started happening shortly after she got them. She would talk to them like they were real, but you know kids do that. One night my aunt was doing laundry and her husband was at work. She heard some whispering and thought it was my cousin staying up past her bedtime. My aunt went to see, but my cousin was asleep. She went back in to the laundry room and kept hearing the whispers. She looked behind the washer and saw the two rag dolls. My aunt is a pretty superstitious lady so she gave the dolls to Goodwill (to terrify some other poor family?) and my cousin was pretty pissed lol.

One night my aunt was laying with my baby cousin and couldn't sleep. My uncle was a truck driver so he was away from home a lot. She got up to use the bathroom, but before she got out she saw a glowing light in the kitchen. She thought it was a burglar, but the light zoomed around from the kitchen to the bathroom and it stayed there like it was waiting my aunt said. She peed in a bottle that night /omg locked the door, and finally went to bed.

My other cousin started saying some weird things to my aunt. She said a man under her bed was telling her scary things at night. My cousin slept with my aunt and uncle for the rest of the time they lived in the house. Little random thing happened for a while like light switches flipping on and off and odd whispers in the middle of the night. My aunt wanted to leave, but my uncle wasn't really thinking too much of it. My aunt did have post partum depression and he just thought the medication she was on made her hear things.

My uncle didn't really believe anything was wrong with the house until one night he woke up in the early morning to shave. He looked in the mirror and said he saw a snow white woman with red eyes looking at him. He turned around and nothing was there. After this they tried selling the house.

My grandmother and I stayed over one night because my aunt didn't want to be in the house alone while her husband was away. In the middle of the night me and my grandma woke up because we heard some dishes break in the kitchen. We went in and somehow all these dishes had fallen from the china cabinet down onto the floor and shattered. My grandmother and aunt went looking around the house to make sure no one was in there. I stayed with my cousins kinda freaking scared to death. My aunt said she heard loud breathing coming from the other side of the door to my cousin's room, but we didn't open it we all went back to my grandma's place. After that night my aunt and uncle moved into to our small home. It was kinda crappy because our home was not big enough for 8 people, but what could you do? They sold the house and hesitated, but they decided to tell the interested buyers about the weird things going on. One family didn't care and bought it.

Fast forward a year later my aunt and uncle buy a new place. Turns out the other house had a tombstone type memorial buried in the backyard (no body, but I guess it was a monument for someone who passed away there or something) and the family had it removed. Everything has been normal since. /no1
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Your true scary stories

Postby Soeroah » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't really have a true haunting tale, but one day my family went to Port Arthur (a tourist spot based in one of the oldest prison colonies in Australia) and at my insistance, did the ghost tour. Shit was dark.

So they took us around, trying to make it seem scarier by telling us the ghost stories workers had experienced. In one building workers had to shut a door from the inside, then walk back through the length of the building (a large area with many cages, like a hallway ending in a big auditorium circular room, where the other exit was) to get out. The stories were that the unlucky worker who'd have to shut the gate from the inside would have to walk back through the room accompanied by noises and sometimes apparitions.

Everyone started leaving, so I hung back long enough to see if anything would happen if I was more alone. Then Mum turned around and told me to hurry up and come along, so I did.

There were a couple more sites we went to, hearing cool stories, no ghosts though. When we got back to the 'hotel' (a set of transportable cabins) we stood around discussing the experience for a short while before there was a loud knock on the door which vibrated the cabin. Of course, no one was there. Mum, Dad and I knew it was someone playing a joke- who would return to their cabin in that area after dark if they hadn't been to the ghost tour?- but my brother maintains to this day he didn't hear any knocking.

It was a few months later as I was complaining about the lack of ghosts that Mum said when she told me to hurry up and come with the group, she apparently saw a rather angry looking male face right over my shoulder, despite me being the only one that far into the room. It'd explain why she told me to hurry and practically jogged out herself.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Re: Your true scary stories

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 pm

I went on one of those ghost tours once. It was in New Orleans. There were a lot of weird stories, but the one I remember best is one that the guide told us about this house that was apparently owned by Nicolas Cage. A long while before Cage bought the house, someone heard noises coming from the house when it was supposed to be empty. They went in and searched around. There was a distinct sound of moaning and of chains rattling all around. I believe the guide also mentioned that it was loudest in the basement. When they searched the basement, they found nothing until they pried the floorboards up. Underneath the floor were the skeletons of many African-American slaves who had probably been mistreated and buried in this mass grave when they died.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Return to Junk Drawer