[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Super Powers
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Super Powers

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Super Powers

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I have a super power, but I don't like it much. My super power is that I get fresh fries. Yup, fresh fries. How do I know this is a super power? Because it happens way too much. The kicker is that I like my fries sort of old. I prefer Wendys fries that have been sitting in the bin for a bit. Delicious. Instead, I get piping hot fresh fries. Also, I know people who complain about always getting the ever delicious old fries, while I'm always getting fresh fries. This leads me to determine that I get fresh fries at a significantly greater rate than most normal people. I have some kind of energy field about myself that can affect the variables of future occurances to ensure that when I go get fast food, the fries will have just come out of the frier. Super power. Stupid super power.

My first girlfriend also had a super power. Everything she bought ended up being on sale. All the time. And I'm talking impulse shopping, not going around and looking for stuff she knew would be on sale. There would be no indication, no tags, but when we got up to the register it was always marked down some way or another. This did not apply to things I was trying to buy her, so it didn't help with gift giving. Now that's a super power I can get down with.

Anyway, I assume most people have some sort of power, even if they're not aware of it. Maybe you do. Maybe it is awesome. More likely it's like mine, but hey, you could get a good one.

On a totally different note, but still about super powers, I want to talk about wacky super powers. Every now and again I get addicted to answering the Message in a bottle bottles in the aquarium on Gaia. One of my favorite things to do is come up with rediculous super powers when people ask "What super power would you like?" You know, because why bother with an original question? Anyway, super powers. For some reason I can't remember most of them, but one of the best still sticks in my mind -

Eyeball Eye-beams.

This power allows you to shoot a beam of eyeballs from your eyes. That standard attack fires a steady stream of gooey, icky eyeballs at people. Each eyeball fires with a pop sound, so firing a rapid beam comes with a rapid popping noise. These can be fired in one or two streams, one big mega stream from both eyes, a shotgun like spread shot, or individually. Also, the power heals your eyesight to perfection (I'm very nearsighted so it would be annoying to have to lift my glasses every time I wanted to fire off an eyeball). These eyes are mostly an attack, but you can stick an eye somewhere and look through it if you want, allowing you to become an effective spy or scout, or the worst sort of peeping tom imaginable (but you wouldn't do that, right?). The velocity of the eyeballs can be controlled, though, so you can merely annoy people, or you could fire right through them. If you're particularly hammy, you could also give a line about how you can see right through them after shooting eyeballs through them.

So yeah, eyeball eye-beams. I mostly imagine using these to freak people out. Just shooting eyeballs at people would be crazy enough. How about getting on top of a building and raining eyeballs down? Or that thing where someone pretends to pull out their eye and put it back in? You could totally one up them by opening your hand to reveal an eyeball once you've pretended to pull it out. Ah, the things you could do. Mostly irritating things. Anyway, you don't feel any pain from the eyeballs, so that's no big, and to be clear, these shoot out of your normal eyes, so it's not like you shoot the eye in your socket out and another one comes up from behind. Though I imagine you could replace a damaged or missing eyeball with one from your beam.

On a side note, I had wondered what would happen if your eyes weren't healed by the power. I guess each eyeball would have its own little monocle. And just to make Alexx happy, since we've already got the monocle we might as well add a tiny top hat as well. But I'm going with healed eyes because that's way too much stuff to shoot out.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Super Powers

Postby Alexx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Soeroah » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:30 pm

I want the super power to alter my own memory, so I could get rid of spoilers whenever I wanted to and play games/read books fresh.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Farore » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:39 pm

My super power would have to be getting WoW TCG loot cards. So many times I've bought a single pack and it just so happens to have a loot card. I have a ton of them!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Farore's true super power is the ability to fall and trip over just about anything...including nothing at all! You'd think this is a useless ability, but it provides me with great entertainment =)
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby chrisb » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:31 pm

My super power is being able to catch people in awkward situation easily... like air humping.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:32 pm

On the opposite note, my weakness is having money saved, or getting extra money at all. Now, that sounds like a good thing, but money in my account will then reach out to things in my life, usually my car, and cause them to break. This happens almost every time, so now I counter it by just paying necessities and spending the rest.

Seriously, it came to a head in May. I get paid every two weeks, which means about twice a year there will be a month with three paychecks. Of course you have to be careful with the bill schedule, but still, extra money. I even had plans for it this time. Was gonna totally pay down my credit card. Well, I got up, went to the bank on my way to work to arrange the stuff from my deposit. I usually use the first two checks for bills and such, and use the third for extras, so I paid on my first check bills and pulled out the first half of the rent. Then I stopped at one of those Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combinations for a pizza, and as I was sitting in the parking lot I felt my brake pedal suddenly depress further. Not good. Pulled onto a side street and could barely stop. Very not good.

I inched my way along side streets to the shop and it turned out that a brake line had snapped. So I had to call off work (which is where I was headed) and get this taken care of. Of course this was an insufficient call off, and in the middle of me having gone since the previous August without a call off as I was working down my attendance points. So there's that. Then I had to spend pretty much all the extra money I was going to have the month replacing the brake line and a brake caliper that had a frozen bleeder screw. Wonderful. So there you have it. On the very first day I got extra money, at the moment I pulled it out of the bank, that money reached out and broke something. Having money, my great weakness.

In all seriousness I realize how fortunate I was to have this happen when I actually did have extra money, because most of the time I would be screwed. It usually means borrowing from friends, which is not something to be taken for granted.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Wow, Adol, I have that EXACT SAME power/weakness! Every time I start saving up a decent amount of money something comes up, ALSO usually my car >.>

I feel your pain man =(
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 pm

I also have the abililty to trip over everything and nothing! but that combined with my super powerful good luck means im usually still standing at the end of my stumble. oh and i have the incredibly useful ability to seriously damage my nervous system just by sitting in the wrong position for as little as 15 minutes or through the lightest of bumps :/

on a brighter note I do believe i have the ability to suck negative energy from people. sort of like an energy vampire, its completely unintentional most of the time. I think i've always been able to do it but its only over the past couple of years that i've learned to use my powers for good. i've been practicing reiki for about 4 years now and through that im able to harness as much energy as i need from the universe so i've had no need to take positive energy from anyone. Im one of those people thats happy so long as everyone else is having fun, so if i see someone needs a little help ill do what i can. A quick bit of body contact and some positive thought and theyre off enjoying themselves while i sit in the corner and vent about how unfair life is for 30 minutes, and the best thing is they dont even realise! im a big sucky piscean sponge :3 fun times xD
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Junk Drawer