[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Super Powers
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Super Powers

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: Super Powers

Postby thatonesniperguy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Sniper here. I believe my superpower is the absolute worst, as I can predict when something bad will happen to someone. I don't know what exactly will happen, but I know something WILL happen...get it?
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:18 am

I have a similar power regarding when my car will break down. I always know its coming, but its such an inconvenience that I'm always in denial until it happens.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

You too, huh...

My power is focused more on personal matters, and especially relationships. I can somehow sense an incoming emotional situation, like a falling out between friends, or an impending breakup. I guess that's why people stopped asking me for relationship advice...no one wants to know when it's going to be over...

Funny thing is, I'm also really good at getting into people's minds, so I can easily understand a person's psyche and personality, and can go so far as to predict and even manipulate their behavior. I don't like to do it too often, but maybe I'll end up needing it one day. Who knows?
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 pm

I know in my first relationship I could always sense in impending fight. Of course, when being in the same room with a person is enough criteria for a fight, that perhaps isn't so insightful on my part. If I would have had the super power that is being young and also being smart enough to see that I'm in a bad relationship that might have been something.

Anyway, I suppose that could be a useful skill. It would be tempting to misuse, though.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes, it is very tempting to misuse...especially since nearly all my friends are extremely gullible and easily persuaded. I do my beat to stay on control, but it's so tempting to mess with people's minds sometimes...

And being young and intelligent should really be classed as a super power, it's so rare to see that nowadays...
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I am not a klutz, but one of my powers is my sheer dumb luck when it comes to avoiding injury, mostly almost twisting my leg, falling on it the wrong way, doing a front-flip after realizing that I can't do them...
this "power" normally happens due to my speedy decisions of reckless-teenager-itis

Another one of my powers/weaknesses is my ability to stay hidden from almost anyone in a public environment, I think of it as a benefit from being introverted beyond anything, as well as a way of avoiding trouble. (Being skinny also lets me be really stealthy... until I wear my Cloak of Extreme Visibility)

(Does having natural talent count as a power, because I'm a fairly decent artist)

One major weakness of mine is that I am a daydreamer, as in I zone out to the plain of no-return often
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

I've touched on the avoidance of injury one a few times. The one I remember most is being a kid and climbing on a huge dirt pile where they were building a house. I fell backwards and landed on my back. Right next to my neck was a large, sharp stick pointing straight up.

Anyway, I think it's a power if it keeps happening but you're not really doing anything to cause it, like my fresh fries power. I'm not timing it or anything, especially since I like old fries.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Previous

Return to Junk Drawer