[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Friday the 13th...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Friday the 13th...

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Friday the 13th...

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

WHO SAID THAT ANYTHING HORRIBLE EVER HAPPENS ON THIS DAY?

WHERE DID THIS SUPERSTITION BEGIN?

I have to register a complaint. Only good things happen to me on Friday the Thirteenth.

Like today.

Today, I finally began an online relationship with a girl. Well... today we decided to make it official and call ourselves girlfriends, even though we'd already been talking closely for a few weeks.

She's pansexual... and polyromantic... and she's the most beautiful woman I've ever met. She's also two years older than me, but... that's not far enough for us to care about. We're just avoiding things like naked pics and stuff. Since that's illegal. But... I can finally say I have a girlfriend. We've been skyping and talking to one another and it's amazing.

Also, we both know people who know each other so we're also totally sure this isn't someone trying to hurt another person. We live only a couple hours away from one another... so we're planning on meeting this Christmas when I turn 18 (for reasons you can imagine yourselves).

So yeah... this thread was actually more so I could say that I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND WHO KNOWS I'M TRANSGENDER AND LOVES ME. But if you want to share your Friday the 13th stories that's cool too. ^.^

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Re: Friday the 13th...

Postby Bear » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Grats Luna! That's very awesome to hear =)

I'll make this quick since I'm busy, but Pie was actually born on a Friday the 13th. I'd say it is a pretty lucky day, if you ask me haha.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until halfway through school today. XD

Also, congrats Doc. That's awesome and I hope this is the start of a healthy relationship for you guys!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Hmmm... Today was a very neutral day for me haha

So far... *DUN DUN DUN!*
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Somehow I was at work all day putting dates on fuel tickets (I fuel airplanes) and didn't even realize it was friday the thirteenth. The funny thing is that this one airline I dislike very much because they are not very good at being an airline and usually screw up my day did a pretty good job. The day went smooth, and I even got to leave close to on time. So, friday the thirteenth is good luck yet again. A long time ago I decided to regard it as a good luck day, probably just to be different or something. It's good to stick to, though, because I'm not the most positive person. I'll take any reason to inject some postive thought into my day that I can.

Also, congrats. I hope things work out well for you.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Bah! I don't believe in it usually, but it seemed to be in full force today. I didn't even know it was Ft13th today, but when I walked into work and did a few things I somehow knew it was gona be an annoying day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I was still mostly right. Later I found out it was the 13th, so I guess it counts. Full moon days also seem to bring out the crazies....then again, that's almost a normal night at the library.

Anyway, seemed like all these unlikely things happened today. For one, this lady's fax just would NOT go through, so she came back and hour later. It went through after a few more tries, but OMG...somehow a 50 PAGE FAX came TOO us while we were sending hers OUT. Right in the middle of it. This has never happned so far that I remember. Just amazing that happened today. Not like it's that crazy annoying or anything, but 50 pages?! Right when this lady's fax - that had trouble going through - was in the middle of sending?

To top that off there was a ton of melcat for the front-desk person to do, and of course there were problems with those too (melcat is a system to send books from libraries outside of our system to our library. We basically have to go through this long ass process to make the book a temporary book in our system and - well it is tedious, i'll jus say that). Thankfully I wasn't on the front desk today, though I may as well have been, since the place was a madhouse and I had to stick to the desk to help out.

As for my own duties there were the standard amount of folks and thankfully there were minimal amounts of teens today. I figured we'd be crawling with them since they're on break right now, but I guess the usual noisy magazine ripping kids had other things to do today. So much the better. Speaking of magazine ripping, though: there was one creepy dude looking through ALL the Cosmopolitan magazines very closely. Always someone. Thankfully it didn't look like he ripped out any pages, but I didn't flip through all of them completely (and hell, it's not like I can do anything about it). I can't really say anything to anyone about creepily looking through magazines; I mean who knows? Maybe he's really getting info out of them. And of course if he does rip any pages out, he'll do it while I'm not around and there's not a thing I can do about it.

ANYWAY...like I said, I don't usually believe in the Friday the 13th stuff, but it seemed to work it's crazy mojo today a little bit.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Glad you're all having fun. I spent most of the day being bored and then was given a reason to want to punch the dood that is going to be my boss later if I don't get out of here soon. /grr

But that's a petty annoyance that isn't really anything to do with luck. I mean, it isn't like I got shot through the heart, and you're to blame. You give love a bad name.

So in conclusion, Jon Bon Jovi is the greatest vampire slayer of his generation. /no1

Edit: What? Really getting info out of Cosmopolitan magazine?! Are you mad?! /swt2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

I had a normal day. My second to last grading period ended today, so that was nice. I got a lot of work that had been bugging me for weeks off in one day. Only one more six-week period to go before I am a freshman again. XD

Edit: Funny thing is I live with a black cat for a pet and I never have really bad stuff happen with me. Only today, she yawned in my face and I nearly died from fish breath. lol.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby chrisb » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

My Friday the 13th was actually great!

My birthday falls on the 13th. When I was in the 4th grade I learned about all the superstition associated with the dreaded date. I actually begged to be kept home from school on Friday the 13th (my bday at the time) because I was so scared /swt2
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:16 am

I love Friday the 13th! Just to tempt fate some more I worked all day with a bunch of black cats =] and white cats, and calico cats, and tabby cats, and red cats..... /swt2
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Junk Drawer