[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Adorable Pets Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

The Adorable Pets Thread!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

The Adorable Pets Thread!

Postby Farore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Bear suggested somebody start this tread so I'm doing it!

Here are my girls, Ruby and Contessa Pearl.

Miss Ruby stealing my spot on the bed posing by my new scrubs for work :

And Miss Tessa chilling in one of her many boxes:

And one last one of Miss Tessa hiding out in her own little house:
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: The Adorable Pets Thread!

Postby Alexx » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 am

This is our broken maltese Rory. She usually fixes herself, though. Most of the time she's on her back. Anyway, pretty sure that's a semi current pic. There are a few other from puppy times I can scrounge up...

And it looks like I've captioned some. That was some halloween ago, when she was much younger. Poor thing.

Then back to current; I think that was last christmas. Someone got her a sweater and I figured we oughta try it on.

There she is when she needs a haircut.

And there's one of the earliest pictures of her, just finding out how much fun stuffed things are. That was back when the most amazing thing to her was FRIGGIN' CORDS. Anything that was expensive to replace, especially.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm

I totally approve of this thread. I'll add my cutie and lil' bastard here soon hahaha.

Alexx, those pics are adorable lol.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not the "cute, fluffy animals" kind of guy so I'm going to stay well away from this thread.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Bear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Ah ha! But the fact that we got you to post in here means that you secretly want to participate, right? RIGHT?! It's okay either way hehe I think being raised in a house mostly full of animals and having a mom that was a huge animal lover, it sort of makes me biased to seeing people's extended animal families.
/ok
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Sadly I don't have any pictures of the ratty girls I used to have. It's funny how people react when you tell them you have rats. I even went to a pet food store near my house once and asked if they had rat food. The lady there happily informed me that they had rat poison. Never went back. Rats can be great pets, though. They're very curious, and can be litter trained. The can also be quite affectionate if you acclimate them to regular contact with people. With my parents we had two dogs, a German Shepard named Sabrina and a ?Mutt? named Bonnie. Bonnie we had when I was very young, along with a cat named Clyde. What's funny is that my parents bought and named Clyde, but Bonnie was another family's pet at the time and named quite independently. We adopted Bonnie from them, and then owned a male cat named Clyde and a female dog named Bonnie. I've always found this funny.

Clyde was my favorite, a short haired tuxeedo cat. He was like me, independant and short tempered. He would also sit on the recliner like a person, with one paw on the arm rest. Also, for the longest time I didn't know his real name because he had so many nicknames. One of them was fat-head. If I had a picture of him I would love to get a Fat Head made of him. A Fat-Head Fat Head. Man that would be funny.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Farore » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 am

I've heard rats can actually be very good pets. My cats do that same thing! They sit in the chair or on the couch on their butt with their paws sticking out. I just want to put a foam finger on one paw and a beer in the other! Around my house we call it "the fat man sit". Why? I'm not sure, both of them are girls, but the fat woman sit just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27 am

Fat Man sit. That's perfect.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Farore » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I haven't had a dog since I was in elementary school. We had a golden mid size mutt named Gami. My dad had gotten him when HE was in elementary school! He lived to be.. I think 22, almost 23 maybe. We had him and a cat that looked nearly identical to Contessa Pearl who was named Greybeard. Those two were the best of friends. Gami would get a lot of ear infections so he didn't like his ears messed with, but he would let Greybeard clean them. On Sunday's when Gami got a raw egg and can of soft food mixed in with his hard food he would sit and wait, staring at his food, until Greybeard came and had his fill. They were best friends until the end.

Because of this I HATE when people assume that cats and dogs can't/won't get along. I firmly believe that it's all about how you raise them. I've know many people that have had cats and dogs that get along fine. It's really a sad misconception because both can serve as loving, loyal companions. I personally don't have any dogs because I don't have anywhere they could go play in the grass; my back yard is... dirt. I'm also allll about mutts. You don't need a pure bread dog or cat to have a good pet. Mutts are less likely to be inbred and often live longer, not always, but often. For that matter I also really like black cats. Now I'm just rambling so let's move along....

Anyways, here is my work buddy Chester and I. He's such a sweetheart! If he's sitting on a counter or somewhere high enough to reach and you say, "Hugs Chester!", he'll put one paw on each shoulder and nuzzle your head. It is just the cutest thing ever.

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Junk Drawer