[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Myers-Briggs Personality Test
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Looks like half of us are taking a different version of the test (some listing scores by how your top ones compare to each other and others scored by how eah one compares to the altènative). Doesn't really change the results, but I wonder why it is like that.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby chrisb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah my results were from when I took the test in a psychology course. Sorry for the confusion /swt2
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

Ah-HA! I'm not completely crazy.

Okay, I admit, I am so totally crazy.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:36 am

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:38 am

So I went ahead and re-took the test. Still a INFJ Counselor as I had been, thought my percentages did change:

My previous results were:
INFJ
Strength of the preferences %
11 38 12 33

and my new results are:
INFJ
33 38 62 11

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

A bit more introverted and a lot more on the feeling side. Intuitive stayed put but judging also went down. I was shocked to see the Introvert raise, but I suppose it makes sense. We've been in seclusion for a while now and I used to be very out there before. Feeling was really surprising to see how much it jumped. Not sure what that really means, but there you go!

It all still feels very applicable. I see a lot of myself and how I live and carry myself in how the personality test has me pegged. I imagine in a couple years time I will be back to a lower introversion, but I suppose time will tell.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TracerBullet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 am

These internet Myers-Briggs tests are fun little time-wasters, but I wouldn't put too much stock into them. They're already kind of biased based on what you think of yourself, not taking into account the tester's perception of you as well.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:52 am

I think any personality test is going to be biased by what you think of yourself. They're fun to do and see the results and how much they compare to how you actually are. Am I going to base my life from this point forward on it? No way. That'd be like being devoted to astrology and going out to purposely find a parallel between your life and every reading. I look at all of it as a fun thing to do to see how it compares. You really do have to be honest with yourself if you want a more accurate result. Like the "I am always on time question," I'd love to answer yes to that, but I'm not >.<
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Introverted 83
Intuitive 12
Feeling 19
Perceiving 11

This was a really tough test for me to take. The first time I couldn't even get through it. There are so many options where I have examples of both yes and no being true, and despite me being 'perceiving' I didn't fully understand every question. I tried to answer as honestly as I could, but when it comes down to it I don't really know myself that well. One reason I can never get past the describe yourself section of dating sites.

What's funny is that though I am as introverted as it says, I prefer to deal with things in person. If I have the option to call a place, or drive there and talk to someone face to face, I will always go there. I actually find this easier. The idea of just walking up and talking to someone for no good reason is almost unthinkable for me, though.

Also found the decisive action question interesting. I'm normally not very decisive, with the exception of when my car breaks down. For some reason I can get straight to business no matter what it takes. I tend to be the sort to worry about things that haven't happened, but once something does happen, I stop worrying altogether and just take care of it.

Interesting test. Now Ima get all self-analitical for a while. Or go play more Tales of Graces f. Think I'll do that instead.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby lumais » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:08 am

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
44 12 25 11
Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality
lumais
Paladin LV 80/47
Paladin  LV 80/47

Postby lumais » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:09 am

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
lumais
Paladin LV 80/47
Paladin  LV 80/47

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer