[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby RollCasket » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Joseph, I HAD to comment on the sauce for the Hungry Man dinner, as I just had a chicken fingers style dinner that HAD to be the same sauce. I had to mention this cause I'm pretty forgiving with barbecue sauce and while I prefer the darker/bold/less sweet BBQ sauces, I've had plenty of sweet ones that are just fine.

However...this sauce...this fucking sauce...I can NOT see who could possibly eat this stuff. Sadly this meal didn't come with a brownie, but this sauce tasted like it was supposed to be a dessert. Thankfully, I randomly still had some BBQ sauce from Arby's in the fridge that saved the day, so all was well, crisis averted.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 am

I'm not sure if Hungry Man is made by Banquet, but when I get TV dinners I go with Banquet. Their Salisbury steak is pretty edible. I usually try to go for the dinners with mashed potatoes and corn, because separately both are awful, but mixing them make the entire easier to swallow.

As for premade stuff my favorite is Stouffer's. I LOVE their lasagna, and they also have these Philly Cheese Steak sammiches that are pretty tasty. They make tons of stuff, different sandwiches, pot pies, pasta meals.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 am

I'm not sure if Hungry Man is made by Banquet, but when I get TV dinners I go with Banquet. Their Salisbury steak is pretty edible. I usually try to go for the dinners with mashed potatoes and corn, because separately both are awful, but mixing them make the entire easier to swallow.

As for premade stuff my favorite is Stouffer's. I LOVE their lasagna, and they also have these Philly Cheese Steak sammiches that are pretty tasty. They make tons of stuff, different sandwiches, pot pies, pasta meals.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 am

Never mind, it used to be stamped with the Swanson name, not Banquet.

Banquet salisbury steak feels like rubber to me.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:39 am

And NOOOO, WE LOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOU!!!
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Joseph Collins » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Another review? Yep. Trust me, it's warranted. And hey! It's a positive review this time! For ladies and gentlemen... I just had a from Hardee's (or "Carl's Jr." in the Western states). And... I'm pretty darn sure it's one of the finest fast food sandwiches I have ever eaten.

For those of you who aren't aware of this brilliant piece of fast food history, it's basically a charbroiled hamburger patty of varying sizes (1/4-pound, 1/3-pound, and 1/2-pound (otherwise known as the "Six Dollar" burger, which is also the price of the 1/2-pounder)) topped with jalapeño slices, grilled onions, Pepperjack cheese, something they call "spicy Santa Fe sauce", and put between two slices of deliciously grilled sourdough bread. This sandwich was actually advertised by actress-model , which kind of turned the sandwich "sexy", but that's not what sold me on the sandwich. I honestly thought the commercials were stupid. No, what sold me was the fact that it had jalapeños.

So anyway, you might be wondering if this sandwich is all it's cracked up to be. To be perfectly honest, it's not nearly as spicy as I was expecting. I think the sourdough bread or the Santa Fe sauce takes away from the heat slightly. However, the combination of sandwich components put altogether as they are really makes for a darn solid sandwich! The beef tastes like beef with a light, almost smoky char to it. The sauce has a certain tang to it as well as a familiar burn, almost like Tabasco or Tapatio hot sauce. The cheese has a very light flavor, not interfering with the rest of the sandwich but instead adding to the experience. The jalapeños, of course, were pretty crisp and delicious and the bread, even though it was slightly soggy (and very faintly greasy) from a 30-minute ride home and an hour wait before being consumed, held up very well, not having much taste by itself, but like the cheese, adding to the whole experience.

All and all, this sandwich almost justifies the 5-7 bucks you pay for it, depending on what size you order and if you get a whole meal out of it or not. I guess my biggest complaint about the sandwich is that I didn't really taste the cheese, but otherwise? I would gladly buy another one! I give this sandwich high praise with a rating of 6 out of 7.

Now do yourselves a favor and go experience this thing for yourselves, while you still can!
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=()=-
Joseph Collins
Archer LV 11/1
Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Farore » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:25 am

Lumpia and Chocolate Covered Strawberries!

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

Wow Farore, how did I miss commenting on those amazing looking strawberries?! Man, those look so yummy!!

Anyways, I'm back with another high class ramen experiment:

2 packages of ramen (1 chicken, 1 beef), add a bit more water than recommended a couple tablespoons of chili powder. After noodles are soft, beat 1 egg into broth, and add 1/4 chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped olives, 2 corn tortillas cooked over stove top, cut into strips.

Must say, it turned out pretty good, even if it doesn't look terribly appetizing XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Today, I have to review two things from my recent trip to Target. The first one is quick: Market Pantry Toasted Round Crackers. Basically, generic Ritz. I saw them next to the Ritz and thought, "hey, 40 cents off, and it's probably impossible to make bad Ritz crackers." Well... it is impossible to make bad Ritz crackers. I actually like these better; they taste much more buttery. The glaring problem with them, which is why I'm writing this, is that they're fragile. Like, really fragile. I can just look at them the wrong way and they'll fall apart. Which I wish I knew before trying to spread peanut butter on them, because the first one just broke apart in my hand and crumbs and peanut butter went all over my arm.

The second one... well, this is just magic. Or maybe sorcery. . It's not so much the taste I want to draw attention to, it's the packaging. I won't call attention to "Authentic Italian Pasta Meal" (though I'm sure if you gave this to someone from Italy, they'd probably smack you across the face), but I will call attention to the two things I'm sure are bullshit: "All Natural" and "No Preservatives." See, this tray is stored on a shelf at room temperature. Not frozen. Well okay, I've seen this before, Healthy Choice has those where you add water to dried pasta/rice and microwave it. Well, nope! The pasta in this is already fully cooked and soft. What!? How in the hell? I just bought this today, and it apparently has a shelf life until February 2013. Already cooked. No preservatives. That is nonsense. That just has to be bullshit. That is black magic.

The heating directions are insanely simple. A monkey could do it. Peel back the film covering the separate, removable sauce tray partway and microwave for 60 seconds. Peel film off, mix sauce with pasta, eat.

And it tastes pretty good. None of the pasta is dried out, unlike several frozen pasta meals I've eaten. It basically tastes like if I made it from scra-- well, if I made dried pasta and canned sauce. I'm not sure what miracle of food science (magic) made its insane shelf life possible, but I like it.

I just hope I don't get cancer from it.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Tue May 22, 2012 2:20 am

So these have been on my SD card for.. well... a few weeks probably. I've been so busy I didn't have time to put anything up. But Fear Not! For I have returned with food pictures.

First we have some Philly Cheese Steak Hamburger Helper with a side of home made mashed potatoes:

Followed up a few nights later with some spaghetti and homemade meatballs in Ragu Garden Style Sauce:

Finally we had a nice bread loaf for dessert. I was feeling a little creative so I made Egg Bread but added mozzarella cheese both to the dough and on top:

It turned out very well if I do say so myself. Might not be the prettiest, but it sure was tasty.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer