[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby chrisb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm

I finally created it! =D

So here we all talk about what yummy things we have eaten or want to eat.

Well for dinner my girlfriend made corned beef and cabbage. She's an amazing cook and her roommate loved it.... but it was one of the grossest things I've ever had. My tongue could not tolerate the flavors at all. My Hispanic taste buds just do not agree with Irish food.

She was a good sport about it thankfully. She made me oven baked soy sauce chicken and rice with seaweed and soy sauce. That ended up being really good.

Sadly I had no dessert /sob
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby chrisb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh I did forget to mention I had strawberry sushi yesterday. It was a tuna and strawberry roll topped with kiwi sauce. It's an acquired taste, but I got addicted after a few snacks.

I swear I'm not a weeaboo, I'm just a big fan of Asian food /swt2

I'm going to eat at my grandmother's for dinner so I'm looking forward to the best tortillas in the world.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Mmm Food! Today I made steak on the grill for Roll and I. I got a little crazy and put seasonall and garlic powder on it. It was accompanied by four cheese bow tie pasta and dessert is in the works. Home made braided rich egg bread!

That sushi sure sounds like an explosion of flavors! Tuna is actually the only fish I will eat, and it pretty much has to be doused in Miracle Whip. I love Japanese noodles though, especially Udon.

Would I be right to assume that said best tortillas in the world are homemade? How lucky! There's something about homemade food that store bought stuff just can't quite get right. Enjoy!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm

You know, for a food thread, we need more pictures of said foods =D

Also...HOMEMADE TORTILLAS?!?!?! HOT DAMN. As a kid who grew up around a lot of awesome home made mexican dishes, I miss having some of those awesome things. I especially miss this baked dish called chilaquiles. My mom had an interesting take, making it a layered casserole with a mix of corn tortillas and corn tortilla chips. It was crunchy, cheesy, and a flavor explosion like you wouldn't believe. DAMN IT WHY DIDN'T I PAY ATTENTION WHEN MY MOM WAS COOKING?!?!

Lesson to everyone here- If there is a recipe you like that your family makes, MAKE SURE TO LEARN IT. Don't end up like me, spending time wishing I knew how to make some of my favorite dishes from my childhood.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 pm

That's odd, I could swear Farore's post wasn't there when I made mine. Maybe I didn't scroll far enough down before replying? Weird.

Anyways, oh man Farore, you need to try out some other, non Tuna, fishes and sushi. It used to be that when I would have friends from out of town, I would take them to a local sushi joint that had authentic Japanese chefs and some of the most amazing sushi I've ever eaten. We would drop a bill or two on a meal, depending on party size, but hot damn, it was sooooooo freaking good.

One of the best things about working for the school district when I did was that I was all over LA and I got to find some of the most amazing restaurants while working at various school sites. I don't think I could ever leave LA just because I wouldn't want to lose out on my best spots.

Speaking of home towns; Farore, make sure to go have some Schlotzkys if you've never been there. Their original sandwich is AWESOME. Every time I'm in Henderson to visit my grandpa, I make sure to visit - it's like a food pilgrimage of mine since all the ones that were local shut down.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Fish and I have a long history of not working well together. I've been to Japan a few times and did try some sushi there. Well, I tried to try some sushi. It wasn't pretty.

Schlotzkys huh? I haven't heard of them, but we'll have to track it down and try it sometime. Though I never actually lived in Henderson I technically graduated there. The fact that there's still a distinction between Henderson, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas is silly itself because they're just all mushed up against each other.

Anyways, speaking of the lack of food pictures:

Braided Rich Egg Bread straight out of the oven:

This was actually from last week and I'm not entirely sure why I had taken a picture but I did so here it is. It's hand breaded Pork Schnitzel with cheddar, broccoli, and carrot noodles and garlic bread.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Awesome! I'll have to start taking pics of some of the stuff I make too. Anyways! That bread looks so beautiful - I love how neat it looks. It makes me think of it as one long calzone for some reason though haha Also the second dish looks great too, especially the garlic bread!
/rice
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby chrisb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am

Homemade tortillas are the best! Especially when cooked by a Mexican grandma /no1

Here's what the strawberry sushi looked like (minus kiwi sauce)

Delicious and pretty.

I agree Bear, pics should be mandatory (unless you don't want to. We understand.)
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am

Ah, the mention of Schlotzky's brings back memories. Memories of great sandwiches and pizzas. Of course, the one near me closed down. As did my favorite Mexican place, and my favorite steak joint. My very favorite restaurant, Stir Crazy, is still open, though. It's a bit of a drive and I only go very rarely, but it's great when I can manage it. They have a dish called the asain cajun tuna. Absolutely delicious. I'd describe it, but they honeslty make it different every time. One time it was cooked like a steak, and another it was cut into squares. Either way, I do love it. They also have a desert called the Pyphoon. Its a layer thing of chocolate ice cream, cookie, coffee beans, and caramel. And that explanation does absolutely nothing to describe the pyphoon's greatness. Alas, I could not find a picture.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Next

Return to Junk Drawer