[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:53 am

Better watch out! Here comes.

HIGH CLASS RAMEN

So I've started experimenting with Top Ramen to make it more appetizing so it doesn't always seem like the same meal. Pie usually adds an egg in the ramen to make the broth more creamy and less sodium intensive and here we added a 1/4 onion, chopped, and some pre-packaged broccoli slaw. Added a bit of garlic powder to alter the flavor a bit. Overall, it turned out pretty good!

That's really cool Adol! I've never seen a restaurant experiment with a dish to alter it so significantly, it sounds fun =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TracerBullet » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:54 am

With some advice from my folks I think I've perfected the Chicken Parmesean (or at least the pan-fried version, baked version is slightly different).

All you need are some boneless chicken breasts, eggs, and a seasoning mix involving the use of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese among other ingredients in the secret recipe (note: I am still tweaking this mix. Also, don't use cheese if your guests happen to be strict on kosher rules). Crack open a couple eggs and whisk them until they are stirred finely. If you have no eggs, mayo is an acceptable substitute, but the texture might be a little different. Pour the seasoning mix into a separate bowl. Take a chicken breast and dip it into the egg batter, then into the seasoning mix. Coat both sides as best as you can, or even better, throw a couple of battered breasts into this mix, put a lid on it and shake it until they are thoroughly covered. Then throw the prepared chicken on a skillet on the stovetop at medium heat until they are sufficiently cooked.

Serve it with cooked pasta and tomato sauce, or use little boneless tenderloins and serve them like homemade chicken strips/nuggets. I actually did that last one at a party once, and people seemed to like it.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 am

chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 am

I just made a chicken strips similar to that Tracer. Mine were more "What do I have in the fridge that could work with this?", but it was the same premise. Either way after you've dipped the chicken in an egg I found that using a large plastic Ziplock bag worked really well for the violent shaking step. Saves a little bit of time on cleanup, and I am all about that.

The ramen looks very yummy Bear! Sometimes I add finely chopped green onions, but I'd never though of just a regular onion. INGENIOUS! Fun tip: Roll can't actually eat with chopsticks. They're like his arch nemesis of the food world.

Adol, that must be a fun place to eat. Knowing me I'd start playing "How is it going to be made," and assign myself arbitrary points that only Drew Carey would accept.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am

True story, I've had MULTIPLE people try and teach me how to use chopsticks to no avail. I don't know what it is but my hands just refuse to work that way >.>
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 am

Oh, sorry for double post, but the ramen experiments remind me of when me and my brother used to make crazy combinations of stuff to spice it up. I can't remember now all of the stuff we tried cause that was like...over a decade ago >.> I do remember putting an egg in most all the time, and usually made it pretty spicy, it's also how I get my real ramen when I go to the official japanese style ramen shops. I wish they had one here in Vegas =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you for the links Crispy. They look really tasty and I'm definitely going to have to get more adventurous with making them =) For a while, I would just pour in tons of Rooster Sriracha sauce and make it the meal of choice for clearing out sinuses. Seeing the simple simmered meat dish reminds me I need to get some of those oils that are popular at ramen shops~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Farore - onions are amazing on so many things! They are like a staple ingredient and we usually buy them in bulk bags because we go through them so often. Adding onions to fried rice, curry, spaghetti, sandwhiches, hot dogs, ramen, etc.. I mean, it's such a versatile veggie!

Speaking of spaghetti, I'll make that probably in a week or two and share a nice recipe I have for it.

*ninja edit* mwhahaa
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby chrisb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Had wasabi porkchops topped with rice seasoning. Ohhhhhh it was so good! Had asparagus for a side.

chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

I am not much of a cook, but I do like to bake /ok

Next time I make my carrot cake, I will take pictures of it! Also I have made tiramisu before and it was good :], I want to try making Tiramisu cake now /rice
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer