[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby Farore » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Today I made Focaccia. I have no idea what it means, but based on the ingredients in my handy-dandy cookbook it looked yummy! It's a bread base sprinkled with cheese then baked /no1

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Oooo! I love Focaccia bread! It looks yummy /rice
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby chrisb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am

Bananas foster /rice

They make it right in front of you too. It's a neat fire show.

chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Today was Crockpot Stew!

As long as you have a Crockpot or slowcooker it's very easy to make; the only downside is you have to smell it all day. /swt2 This is what I used but you can really put in any veggies you want:

-Beef (precut for stew)
-Potatoes
-Carrots
-Cherry tomatoes
-Celery
-Green onion
-Garlic
-1 can Chicken Broth (Beef broth or bullion cubes also work)
-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
-Seasonall (this is pretty much my go to seasoning, as it's name claims it can season all)

Cut everything up and throw it all into a Crockpot. Add in the Broth, Brown Sugar, and Seasoning of choice. The brown sugar gives it a nice sweet undertone but isn't overpowering, and the broth adds a rich flavor. Cook on high for 6-8 hours then enjoy yummy noms!

The other nice thing is that it reheats very well, so even if you're only cooking for one or two you don't have to worry about the extra going to waste.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:32 pm

MY GOD Farore, you make the perfect foods! That bread thing at the top looks AMAZING and that stew looks like it would go great with it!

Man my wife and I are just dumbfounded when it comes to making things. Eventually we'd like to have kids, but neither of us would be able to make them anything! If we can't manage to cook for ourselves then I certainly don't wana try to force some poor kid to eat our swill. At any rate, it's good to see stuff like this. Looks simple enough for me to make but still delicious!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby chrisb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Agreed! I am so making that tomorrow Farore. It sounds and looks delicious. You're torturing me here! Haven't had any dinner yet.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

It just takes a little practice, trial and error, and persistence. I've made some stuff that was, not pleasant, to put it nicely. Almost everything I make is either from my Betty Crocker Cookbook or a recipe from my mom or dad. is also very helpful. They have recipes for just about anything and it's 100% free! I only got a cookbook because my printer has been throwing a tantrum for the last few months and I don't like to run back and forth.

As for feeding little ones just remember: You have at least a year to depend on formula/breast-milk and then baby food! /no1
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Luc of True Wind » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 pm

I also recommend this site for yummy ideas. This is where i got my carrot cake from and it turned out so good /rice

http://smittenkitchen.com/
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Ooo Luc I think I'm going to have to write that one down.

Lots of leftover stew so today was just some biscuits to go with them:

Easy Garlic-Cheese Biscuits:

2 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I actually used Kraft Italian Cheese 'cause I'm crazy like that)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

-Preheat the oven to 450F.
-Mix Bisquick, milk, and cheese in medium bowl until blended. It will be a little sticky. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
-Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
-Melt butter and mix in Garlic Powder. Brush onto hot biscuits.

Of course you can omit the butter and garlic if you're are trying to avoid/don't like either. You can also mix the Garlic Powder in before baking and get rid of the butter all together.

They're quite yummy and have a nice little kick in there that you don't get from regular biscuits. They go very well with soups and stews too.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby th3squirr3l » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 am

Umm... Nothing too fancy, but I made brownies today... Just standard brownies, with chocolate chips. Mmmm.

Which reminds me, my friend makes the BEST brownies. Ever. Period. He makes them with some sort of chocolate beer and chunks of Milkyway bars. I wish you could all just taste how awesome they are xD
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer