[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby Farore » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 am

Eccs, that all looks soooo yummy!

Bear prepare to be slightly disappointed. It's shredded cheddar cheese. I used a box of Old El Paso Fajita mix (I'm a horrible person but it just tastes so good). Other than that there was the 3 bell peppers, an onion, and 1lb beef cut for stir fry.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby chrisb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 am

Woah Eccs! Please share the recipe for that beautiful Summer parfait.

I made catfish stew today. Just some chicken stock, pepper, lemon pepper, catfish, corn, and carrots poured over some wild rice.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm not sure if you and Roll are into mushrooms, but you could try getting some and saute them with some oil or just add it when you are cooking the other veggies. Monterey jack and pepper jack work really well with fajitas too. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:12 am

Neither of us are very big on mushrooms. In fact, I've just recently been able to get Roll to stop picking out only meat for his Fajitas. He still won't touch the onions, but at least he'll take a pepper slice or two. I'm pretty fond of Colby jack myself, but since I had just made Mac 'n' Cheese casserole that also takes cheddar I just carved some off the rest of the 2lb block I got.

Random, but if anyone has any "sneaky chef" tips that would be great. Getting Roll to eat veggies is a feat.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby chrisb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 am

Meat only fajitas?! /omg Fajitas were meant to be overloaded with everything.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am

As for getting more veggies in, how about stretching meat out with tofu and finely chopped veggies ?
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:56 am

They weren't meat only! There was totally cheese and sauce! Then more recently a few bell pepper slices.

Part of why I'm careful around veggies is there are quite a few that make me throw up near instantly, no joke. I would LIKE to eat better, but it certainly doesn't make it easy when you literally can't eat them.

So part of my task for Farore is getting her to "mask" veggies in where she can...though I've already told her some of the DO NOT USE EVER veggies lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:54 am

just out of curiosity what vegetables does roll not eat. My girl friend doesn't eat carrots but she eats my aunts lasagna. she makes it with heaps of carrots and tomatoes but my don't know why my girl friend likes it. XD

@Chris
the trifle parfait isn't too hard. just

some store brought strawberry and raspberry jelly powder, add bits of berries in it let it set . might have to add a little extra gelatine since might not be hard enough.

some cream for top layer beaten using thickened cream (lite thickened cream doesn't beat well so i use the normal stuff

some custard either store brought or home made is fine. i usually add some cream from above into the custard we make so it is smoother.

some sponge cake for the cake, not sure what recipe is i use my mums I'll post when i find it XD.

anyway layer it cake first then custard, jelly cream and repeat.

then layer it
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Kerreth » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:13 am

Pork Katsu! Nom nom.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TracerBullet » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 am

Two slices of matzah, put some cheese between them, then fasten them together like a sandwich. Spread some tomato sauce on top, and then extra ingredients if you dare. Throw in the microwave for a minute, and bam, instant matzah pizza.

No beer no real pizza make Tracer something something
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer