[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - FOOOOOOOD!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

FOOOOOOOD!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: FOOOOOOOD!!

Postby Farore » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 am

Green Beans are one that he just won't eat. Just about anything green really. I have been getting more varieties of pasta sauce with lots of veggies in them.

Going without real pizza? I think Roll and I might die from lack of food >.< Actually we've cut down the amount of pizza we eat a bit, but pizza is just so goooood!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Shells in a homemade Alfredo sauce topped with shredded fresh Parmesan and chives.

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby chrisb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh my gawd. Root beer float with creamy expensive vanilla ice cream and an avocado burger= heaven.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Kerreth » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 am

My kalbi is better than Farore's. ;) That whole "burnt" thing is dumb; I like my meat to taste like meat, not pan.

(Also, it seems posting Korean text here makes the SQL server wig out.)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 am

Well, it wouldn't taste like pan since it was grilled buttttt....... I learned how to make it from some Korean friends of my dad and it really doesn't taste burnt. Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 am

Yeah I purposely grab the most burnt pieces when she makes it. It's among my fav things she makes.

As Farore said though green beans are right out. If I tried to eat even one I'd throw up the instant it was in my mouth x.x there are a few other things that do that too, like squash, which is why I'm always careful and hesitant when trying new things =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I made this last week and never got around to uploading the picture:

Chocolate Mousse!

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Haha. This all looks awesome Farore! Next time I get the chance to make some dishes from my Grandma's home country, I'll post some pics. It's quite delicious. :3

Also, I just went to this pizza place today called The Mellow Mushroom and the pizza was amazing!!! Omigod! Never before have I seen such creatively good pizzas with just the right crust. The one my family got was like having a tossed salad on your pizza with a few other pizza staples thrown in for good measure. It sounds like a weird combo, but it was so good. I shall instantly call BS on anyone who says they can make a better pizza without first proving it. True story.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby chrisb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:29 pm

We have a Mellow Mushroom too and I agree it's pretty good. Ours is right downtown so I rarely get to go because parking is a nightmare, but it is a nice treat on those slow days.

I tried to use tofu tonight in a soup as a meat sub and it failed big time. It was very cheap tofu and just tasted way too different. I need to research how to cook tofu properly because others have done amazing things with it.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 am

I was doing research for my Japanese nutrition essay and I read that their diet, which is high in seaweed, provides tons of benefits (seaweed is an antihypertensive/antidiabetic/antistress/anticancer/etc.) and so the Japanese tend to live longer because of this. Fucoidan is the miracle component of seaweed and the usual western diet contains zero. Makes me want to try a high seaweed diet just to see if there are any kind of benefit. Maybe I can lower my stress levels /swt2
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

PreviousNext

Return to Junk Drawer