[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - New Forum Ranks
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

New Forum Ranks

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

New Forum Ranks

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 am

So since Wilbur mentioned it, let's get the ball rolling on this. Want to see some custom ranks added to the forum? No problem!

Start making up some suggestions and I'll implement the cool ones!

Here are some general rules:
1) No more than 20 ranks per level (5% increments).
2) The suggestion has to be a class, and not a character.
Holy Swordsman? Fine. Orlandu? Not fine.
3) Ranks must go up to at least 2k posts before maxing out.
4) Suggestions should be memorable.
5) Class changes, level ups and special rank-ups can be located anywhere, but if they deviate from the current, you will need to create planning sheets (see Forum Rank Sheet below)

Check out the Rank Themes located conveniently to the side of the pygmy dragon for ideas on how the current system is laid out for ideas.

Or if you want, get a glimpse into my insanity by checking out a couple of the Excel spreadsheets I made to implement the system:
has the planning for the overall system with how leveling currently works.
is an example class with the necessary SQL code to plug it into the forums.

You don't have to go that much into depth on it, it's just something I did for fun because I like having the leveling rank system. You can come up with your own system or just work one into my current format with name changes. Whatever your interest level is =)

Well, that's it for now. I'm interested in what sort of suggestions you all come up with!
/no1
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: New Forum Ranks

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 am

I would like a ninja theme, following the same system now but with different names.

Sapphire Star Student
Emerald Star Scout
Ruby Star Assassin
Sapphire Moon Ninja (replacing high novice)
Emerald Moon High Scout
Ruby Moon Dark Assassin
Shadow Eye Shinobi Master(highest rank)
Last edited by Fixxxer 117 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby RollCasket » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:09 am

Well you know what I'd want, Super Novice lol, that's a silly question.

Course they level pretty differently and don't have a transcendent unless we wanna make one up like Ultra Novice or something.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 am

Apparently there is a new novice class in RO that gets access to certain second class skills. I think they called it Super Novice Extended? I once heard somewhere it being called Super Duper Novice >_>

Fixxxxer, is that from any game or is it something you made up?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 am

That sounds like almost enough reason for me to start playing RO again...

...what? >.>

Either name works for me, novice ftw.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am

Cardboard Box
Tent
Igloo
Log Cabin
Duplex
Tower
Castle
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 am

For some reason, right as I read castle I thought about a set of class ranks based on chess pieces.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 am

Understandable, these are the names of the ranks in the Swish Version of chess.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm

No they aren't from a game, I googled what the real life ninja ranks were, sapphire star and such, and added my own titles on the end.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby ThePaul » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Wait, I should think up a Cyberman one (seeing as I'm using that as my Avi)

Umm...

Broken Cybermat
Cybermat
Cyberman
Cyber-Lieutenant
Cyber-Leader
Cyber-Controller
Cyberman-Rock God
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65