[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cosplay anyone? Share your stories here!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

Cosplay anyone? Share your stories here!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Re: Cosplay anyone? Share your stories here!

Postby Farore » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:16 pm

There will be sooo many pictures, I promise.

I'm still trying to figure out who I want to cosplay as though! I like Blair because she's cute and Roll likes witch outfits, but I'm almost positive I'd need a wig, so I think I'm leaning more towards Tsubaki because no wig would be required.

I really, really love Trigun but the girls are kind of boring attire-wise, which also seems to be the problem with a lot of my favorite games, the female characters are forgettable, or even non-existent.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 pm

So, yesterday after getting home in the evening I decided it was time to start making my outfit! I decided on Tsubaki because he outfit is cute, but also looked more simple to make than some of the other options.

When I started this I decided that I was going to do it the right way, so everything is completely made by me! The only thing I'm going to have to purchase pre-made will be the boots, seeing as how I'm not a cobbler and all.

How everything started: ranging from 3 yards to 1/2 yard, thread in matching colors, and a bunch of buttons. I used my mom's old singer sewing machine for the majority of the work, though some pieces did have to be hand sewn.

I looked through different stills from the anime, other cosplays, and various other picture type things and made my own to base my design off of.

I started by making a from the white fabric.

Once I had a base I formed arm holes, hemmed the neck and skirt, and trimmed all the excess fabric to get the .

Next I added the .

With the dress itself finished (or so I thought) I started working on the arm bands. I started by making the upper arm pieces then the white .

Next I formed and sewed the , which turned out to be one of the more difficult pieces. Because it had to be form fitting to stay up while standing I managed to stab myself multiple times while pinning the fabric to size around my leg.

I was going to start working on the belt, then realized that I forgot the , so I made those first. I actually put them a bit too low and had to remove the bottom one and sew it above the top one closer to the star.

After my quick sidetrack I went back to work on the . After making the second belt I added to . I have to say, sewing the buttons on was possibly the most time consuming task of all. It wasn't particularly difficult, but each button had to be hand sewn and it just got tedious.

Lastly I quickly sewed a tube form to work as the black .

And with the belts buttoned and neck scarf complete it was !

I didn't have anyone to help me take a picture and I don't have a full length mirror so he's a poorly shot one of me .
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Also should have put this but for anyone who hasn't seen Soul Eater is Tsubaki.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am

Thats really impressive Farore. how long did it take you to make all of that?
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I started late Saturday, probably around 8 or 9pm and worked on it until 6am. Sunday I spend another 5 or 6 hours on it. All in all not nearly as long as I thought it would take.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby XelaReko » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm

This is awesome!

You going to show it off anywhere?
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 am

Hopefully at Anime Vegas is we are able to go this year =]
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Previous

Return to Junk Drawer