[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - I SEE YOU GUESTS!!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

I SEE YOU GUESTS!!!

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

I SEE YOU GUESTS!!!

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 am

I have the forums open in a tab most of the time and I gotta say...what's with all the guests and why aren't they members yet D=

It's usually 1 or 2 but I've seen as many as 5 guests lurkin around. Are they just bots or am I scaring people off by talking to myself half the time, lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: I SEE YOU GUESTS!!!

Postby Soeroah » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:23 am

Data ghosts. Aaaaaaaaaaah!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Bear » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I actually think that they are Chinese bots most of the time - which may also explain the high number of views per thread. But who knows?

We get probably on average 3 Chinese bot registrations per week, despite my efforts to keep them at bay. I found out that I could work on implementing a DNS block list that would block everyone from China, and I just may do that because I really hate having to police the registration process. If a forum user is just lurking, and wants to join in on a conversation they feel passionate enough about to register, I want them to be able to do so without me having to pre-authorize their account before hand.

Add DNS Blocklists to the ever growing items of things I want to do with the site/forums haha.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Eccs » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm

/meh2 I'm probably one of those usual lurkers hehehe, I usually get to the comic through forums, since I have it bookmarked. I don't always log in since I'm generally on during lunch breaks /meh2
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 pm

GASP UPON GASPS! You should totally post more though, we won't bite, if only because I haven't figured out how to do that through computers. I usually have it so it auto logs me in though so I don't have to worry about it.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Hmmm I would post more if I had more time during lunch breaks, been too busy @ work to do more then check out comics maybe once or twice a week /swt2

I will try though /ok
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I bite, but only if you want me to. ;)

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby th3squirr3l » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:06 pm

There will always be people that lurk as guests for some reason... People that apparently have JUST enough time to read all the threads, but apparently don't have enough time to register or comment. Or they feel they just have nothing important to say.

I was one of those on another site for a while, decided that I would put an end to it, and posted literally once. I haven't been back since. Oops.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I lurked on another forum for about a year before deciding to register not long ago. It was very active and I only checked a few threads that were interesting to me. I didn't really feel like I had much to say, I just enjoyed reading what was being said and posted on.

I decided to take the plunge and register and start participating because I started to feel like in the sea of people there, I was finally starting to recognize people and wanted to actually interact with them.

Forums can be odd; especially in super active ones because you want to chat but it can feel like you are standing in a room full of strangers and have no way of breaking the ice. I think that is why I personally value a "I'm new here" thread, as a way to introduce yourselves. In a big forum that gets perhaps 100s of registrations a day, I suppose there is really no point to it, but just to jump right in and start chatting feels so awkward, at least to me.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 am

I'm apparently quite skilled at jump right in and pretending like I belong. Or at least, people always ask me what my username was before whenever I jump in and start using the same Memes as everyone else. Although that can be just as annoying as not knowing what to post, too, because some people forget you already told them you weren't here before. Then they call ghost busters and it gets really weird from there.

That being said, I still love making, "Hi, I'm new here," posts, cause I can make weird (and probably imaginary) claims about my life that I probably wouldn't be able to throw into normal threads.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Next

Return to Junk Drawer