[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Avatars and Signatures
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

Postby Bear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Changed around the settings a bit cause it was on my mind for a while. The max avatar setting has been reverted back to 125x125 pixels since there is already a lot of room being taken up on the right side for user info. The signature setting has been reduced to a max height of 100 with a max width of 500 pixels. I didn't want the limitless signature size to get abused in the future, so I figured I would change it now cause I don't want a quick one line post to show up as 600+ pixels tall - it's just too much.

This wont effect anyones current settings. Thanks!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Avatars and Signatures

Postby RollCasket » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Pretty sure...mine is bigger than that =X I think it's ok though cause usually I ramble on and on so my posts are kinda long already so it's not like a post with "lulz i no rite?!" and then a half page long signature. Well...I dunno if me rambling on and on is so good or not...but...uuuuuuhhhhh...yeah I'm weird /hmm

I can always go back and shrink it down though if ya want
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 am

Naw, I think it was more Mel (Autolux)'s signature - I don't want any fresh blood to have a signature that huge. You get grandfathered in for now, but if you ever change it then the system will want the new one to meet the size restriction.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Regnek » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey I'm new here, just found the comic yesterday, but I was just trying to edit my signature and it does seem to be working at all.

This is exactly what I'm being told.
"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\x95 Da...' for column 'user_sig' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

All I want is a bit of text, and its well under the 600 character limit.

Any bit of help would be awesome, is it just a temporary problem, or am I without realising it doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 am

Hmm...that is ODD.

Can you post what you want in your signature here as a link or attachment and I will try and push it through. In the meantime, I will try and fix whatever issue this is. =o
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Regnek » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 am

"
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Regnek » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 am

Sorry post above was accidental.
Here is what I was going to put in it.

David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Regnek » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 am

And I have gotten it to work, there was one character in the way I had them down, that the website does not seem to like.
I can't post it here, as it causes the same error as I found out when I was posting the above post. I'd tell you what character it is, but I'm not really sure what Its called.
Its not on my keyboard I was copying the quotes from another website.
Thanks for looking at it though.
David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Ahhhhh...yeah. I've had that happen to and it broke the forums. I'm not sure what character it is, sadly, so if you can describe it later that would be awesome.

Now that the forums are really active, I plan on revamping them a lot to make them more friendly to use, as well as upgrading the phpBB install since it has missing patches. All this activity has me all motivated to get some cool things done!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Regnek » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am

Best why to describe it is,

It is at the height of '-' but about the length of '_' so it like a floating underscore I guess.
David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Next

Return to Junk Drawer