[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - About spam bots...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Junk Drawer

About spam bots...

General chat belongs in the junk drawer. Watch out for tacks!

About spam bots...

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Don't reply to em.

Once I see one has mucked around in here I immediately IP ban and delete all posts made by them (which deletes all replies as well). It is rather rare that one gets in because I coded in some unique identifiers into the registration process which deters MOST of them. Anyways, thats just an FYI if you care about your funny joke replies to them or post counts hehe
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: About spam bots...

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:08 pm

lol...no I don't care, but it DOES remind me of this one spam post that was on another forum that was pretty funny...I'll have to see if I can find the screenshot...time to search =X

...crapsticks...maybe it's at home on the portable drive...if not it's on the desktop which, by the time I get that working again this post will be old and I'll have forgotten about it...oh well =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 pm

And here I was going to reply to the hilarious response Mel had to the bot post /meh2
Ah well, they are annoying, but just the sheer irrelevance and randomness of the posts made me laugh /heh
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Autolux » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:09 pm

The one that I had replied to made me kind of laugh, it was so thorough and descriptive, yet at the same time, non-sensical. I give that spam bot a 4/5
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:08 pm

lol...seriously, I had actually started reading then was like "...wait...wtf?" then scrolled all the way down and was like "holy crap, that MUST be copy pasta cause no way anyone typed all that"
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Rei » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Off topic about the bots, but cool that the fairy tail guild forum link goes to this. :D Also, again, love the comics Wiz, and Fei.
Rei
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Pie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:36 am

Hello Rei and thank you! =D

Don't you guys just love my non-info-contributing posts? =x
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Fei and hi there Rei!

I love your posts Fei, post more often /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks for the encouragement man~

Also, I changed the way people have to register for the forums. Usually having a person pick a number from a list on the registration screen was enough to stop most bots but as you can see, some clever ones were still able to sneak through. It seems after a while, they figure out what the combination was just by trial and error. I mean, if there are 5 numbers listed, just try each of the 5 numbers until you have success.

So now it is a little more complex and I wanted to ask everyone who is registered here and still reads to respond to me with the right code which is now required to register. I just want to make sure that it is easy to understand. Make sure to do this on your own without looking at someone else's answers. Thanks guys!

From left to right, enter the first number of each of these number sequences.:
894 917 363 481 122
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:31 am

89@3X%4(P+^=#)1

...did I do it right? I was told there was going to be no math on this test D=
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Junk Drawer