[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - [390] Prim, Not Proper
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

[390] Prim, Not Proper

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

[390] Prim, Not Proper

Postby Alanzi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Hahaha too real!

I am absolutely sometimes this way, and sometimes I go too far in the opposite direction ("oh look a new area with tons of quests but really I want to see what happens to the main character" so I go straight into the story and then we leave and I've still never explored Tantal WHOOPS)

I agree with the experience of a game part of the blog post, but disagree not to focus on the destination. There are so many great games that have major plot twists or fantastic finales or whatever, and it's easy to miss out on those if you stop halfway through! For instance, my favorite gaming moment of 2017 happened at the beginning of the final chapter of a certain game. And my favorite part of Skyrim is finding Blackreach, and I don't think I've met a single person who knows what Blackreach is. It's pretty isolating sometimes.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: [390] Prim, Not Proper

Postby Fuujin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 am

I used to play Warhammer 40k. They have like "netdecks" where you can see what are the most competitive armies out there, but the lore behind the game is super vast and interesting. Often the best lists aren't the most coherent lorewise. Even after years of not playing the game (it takes so much time building and painting figures) I still pour through the new rules and units of several different factions. I try to make my own themed armies by adding pieces, changing gear, maybe even think of alternate pieces from other games that would fit the theme... even if I never actually go out and buy the pieces lol. It's so much fun trying to piece it all together just on paper. All the while I'm also thinking of the lore for my army and how it would fit into the greater lore of the 40k universe. One of these days, when I win the lottery, or my kids won't need me for money lol, I'll probably get back into it. In the meantime, it's fun to just think about.
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares