[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - [369] Something BLU
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

[369] Something BLU

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

[369] Something BLU

Postby Alanzi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:39 pm

I always liked the idea of Blue Mages, but the skills I'd learn when creating one never seemed to be things I was interested in using! It could be that I preferred tried-and-true-and-obvious-benefit skills over try-it-and-see-if-it's-even-useful ones, but it's neat to hear the style is making its way into FFXIV.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: [369] Something BLU

Postby Fuujin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:30 am

I didn't know other people played 5 lol. 5 is actually my favorite single player one XD. Still though, it seems Pie learns blue magic more like Gau did in 6. I assume that's what he did anyway before coming back to the party lolol.
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:03 pm

FF5 was the first RPG I played (but didn't pass until much later). So it keeps a special place in my heart. ^_^ I still think the game is really fun when it comes to trying to plan out what kind of jobs to make everyone and oh man, I love the epic feeling of fighting Exdeath/NeoExdeath! -which is something that really spoiled me for most other last boss battles to RPGs I played later. The only other game where I've had the "oh my god, this is the Last Boss moment!! I'm so pumped!" has been in FF14. XD

Anway, happy to hear you're a fan of FF5! =D Most people I've met have either not played it or didn't really like it.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Alanzi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 pm

I played FF5 a little bit on iOS several years ago and was doing alright, but then it thrust me into a new area with no way back (I think) and I got my butt kicked (I think) and I just haven't given it another go. I always want to make it happen someday...
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby Fuujin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 am

I remember when the emulation scene was new and people were making translation patches for these games. I couldn't play 5 any other way, so it was exciting to be able to play something you could only get in Japan back in the day lol. Younger me was blown away by the twists in the story of 5, but the job system was the best. Monk was my favorite class lol, and when I played FFT and FF14 I focused on those classes again lol, but it all started with 5.
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 pm

@Alanzi- That's too bad. >.< I hope that when/if you give it another try, you enjoy it. =) It's a shame about playing the iOS version too because I can't STAND the new visuals! >_<

@Fuujin- Yay! Sounds like my experience! XD "Bare Hands" was sooo useful. Used it pretty much on all casters. ^^ Monk was so good with kick and counter too. +u+ I couldn't help thinking of FF5 when playing FFT and starting FF14. ^_^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fuujin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm

The ninja/monk in FFT was great too. Evasion+Counter was amazing, and my massively low faith protected me from lots o spells. I remember my evasion being too high and i instinctively dodged my own chemist throwing healing potions at me XD
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares