[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - [357] Pup Ultra
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

[357] Pup Ultra

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

[357] Pup Ultra

Postby Alanzi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm

I recognize Hearthstone! I played it a bit when the iOS version came out, but it turns out I'm not all that great at it, haha. And when new cards come out, the stuff they give you for winning your entry-level games isn't enough to face others very well...

Is the Pupper thing from a Hearthstone expansion or something else entirely?

ALSO, "This is the sum of all my dreams and fears." is a great line, haha! I love it.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: [357] Pup Ultra

Postby Pie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Yes, the comic is Hearthstone related. ^^ I love hearthstone because its design, art, aesthetics, and the feeeeeeling the game gives off. @u@ -but I can't play it because, like mentioned in older comics, I'm not super good at it. I think my biggest problem is that I play to collect cards, not to have fun, so eventually I get frustrated and upset if I lose a couple matches because I feel like I wasted my time and got nothing from it. '_'

The whole pupper thing kinda is and is not Hearthstone. ^^ There's a cool single player mode in which you play a special hero with the hero power to summon a 1/1 dog with "rush." ^^ So there are plenty of chances to have dogs on the field. =)
The larger part of this week's comic is based on My Hero Academia. ^^ Cecilia and I've been super into it lately.

===============kinda very-light spoiler warning??==============

If you're not familiar with it, there's a power that the protagonist obtains that is passed down from hero to hero called "One for All." The antagonist power however is "All for One" which at its base, is the convergence of powers taken from other individuals to a single individual.

============== End light spoiler?? ======================

Cecilia was planning on writing a post about it, but she didn't have time to before posting that night. '_' A shame because people apparently haven't been linking the two materials together when reading the comic, even with clues, such as the title, the theme on the archives page, and dog designs. ^^ I'm very happy that you at least had joy out of reading the final line. =) Thank you!
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: [357] Pup Ultra

Postby Alanzi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Ah, I did notice the Archives page theme and wondered if it had something to do with that show! I haven't seen it myself but I've sure heard a lot of good things about it lately. Maybe I should give it a go...

I know what you mean with the wasted time thing. That's kind of the whole reason I don't play games like Starcraft or Dota online. It's a 45-minute battle and in the end I'm likely to lose anyway, so what did I really get out of it? I more enjoy games like TF2 or (more recently) Overwatch, where a game is always less than 10 minutes and either way every player has a chance to get the Play of the Game and/or new cosmetic items. Though I think I just spent 7 hours playing Minecraft last night so I don't have much room to talk, haha. /swt2
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares