[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Family Matters
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Family Matters

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Family Matters

Postby Graum » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 am

Love this one! Feels kind of close at home too.

If you remember (probably not, im nearly as active as I thought I would be), I introduced myself as transgender in my forum post. Since then I have started HRT (3/8/2018 yay international womens day!) and come out to my mom. She hasnt shunned me from home but is VERY against my decision and has not been very supportive in the least.

I'm glad you have a new family rooting for you Bear!

:)
Graum
Archer LV 25/18
Archer  LV 25/18

Re: Family Matters

Postby Pie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Thank you very much Graum and congratulations on starting HRT!!! \(' u ')/ woot! Yeah, the family issue gets kinda tense, even if they're not being super combative about it. It can take a while for them to accept it too because it's kind of a "mourning" period for them for their concept of what they believed to be their son/daughter. Hold in there though, okay? Just remember that your happiness is important. We're rooting for you ~ =) If there's anything you want to talk about or have questions about transition, just shoot us a message, okay? =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Graum » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:40 am

Ive gotten my questions pretty well fleshed out at this point, really just struggling with being happy in the midst of it all. Im in Portland and cant find friends like me somehow... just want to share with someone with my voice how I feel and what I want.

I cant wait for the world to stop caring about gender stereotypes... it will be excellent.

Theres a hilarious scene in Love, Simon where kids are coming out to their family as heterosexual, I hope that things can get to a point where situations like that can be normal in some way.

Thanks for answering back :) looking forward to more from you!
Graum
Archer LV 25/18
Archer  LV 25/18

Postby QueenGainer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 am

I wanted to chime in on this one too. It definitely struck a chord with me (actually more than that, I teared up a bit). I've never been close to any of my blood relatives, but I've formed a real bond with my step-mother and her family, along with a few of my closest friends. They're all more my family than any others. Especially since they're the ones who are have supported me through my transition!
I would have liked to have been able to at least speak to my sisters, but they apparently refuse to contact me back. I thought that would bother me more than it does, but it doesn't, because I'm already surrounded by my true family.
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Postby QueenGainer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 am

Oh, and Graum - congratulations on your hrt!!
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Postby SyD » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

This strip really resonated with me too. I do have strong ties with a few of my blood-relatives but I also have close friends that are every bit as much family to me even if there is no connection by blood. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today, I might not have even survived.

Graum, congratulations on starting HRT!! I'm sorry to hear your mom reacted that way, she may still come around with time but coming out is a big step regardless. I'm assuming by "Portland" that you're in Oregon, if so you may find this helpful: . I know for myself actually meeting other trans people in my area at events (local pride meetings in my case) has been a big help. I know it can feel really lonely sometimes but you're not alone, not in your city and definitely not online.
SyD
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Graum » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:06 am

Yep, Portland Oregon.

Unfortunately I have turned to the nocturnal life style... going out into the sun isnt easy for me :( I need to get myself out there for sure however.

My mom still hasnt asked any questions or talked to me about it, but we have watched movies and ate pizza together like nothing is between us, so hopefully she will just take a back seat and accept the ride I have chosen.

Thank you guys for being awesome /lv
Graum
Archer LV 25/18
Archer  LV 25/18

Postby SyD » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:47 pm

That seems like it could be a good sign (regarding your mom) I hope she comes around. The sun may be evil but some things are worth braving the deadly sky laser for! /lv
SyD
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby QueenGainer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:08 am

Portland? Have you been to the website Susan's Place? It's an incredible resource, support, and social place for trans people. In fact, I know a few on there that are in the general Portland area, including one who loves to go around visiting people across the country (just saw her a week ago!).
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares