[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cartridge Before the Horse
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Cartridge Before the Horse

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Cartridge Before the Horse

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 pm

I have definitely bought games before I had the system to play them, but I can't actually remember which ones. I know I had FFVII before I could play it, but I think I was getting the PS for Christmas and I just had to wait a few weeks.

But to the meat, I also lament the loss of game books. One thing I've always done when I buy I game is to go out to my car, tear off that vexing plastic armor, pop open the case, and check out the booklet. Extra points for actually being in color and featuring game art. Then they gradually started giving them to us less and less. I still open the games as soon as I buy them, but man, the excitement just isn't there (this may be due to a general lack of excitement). At most you get a control map, a download code, and an advertisement for something else. "But you can look up the book online!" they say. Phooey to that! I want it in my hands, big impersonal company! My hands!

Honestly, I think they cut the books to save money. Which is kind of a joke when every game has DLC and even Tales is content to sell you costume packs for a few bucks apiece instead of rewarding them to you in the game. I mean, I'd like to be able to buy them as an alternate means, but... but that's a whole different topic, and I still mainlined Berseria, so whatever. Books!

Oh and Horizon does look awesome, but it's on a list. I never finished Zesteria before, which made my playthrough of Berseria interesting. Now I'm back on Zesteria, and I'll probably be hitting Mass Effect after that (unless I lose the impulse. Two tales games in a raw is daunting).
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Cartridge Before the Horse

Postby TheLurk-nessMonster » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:10 pm

I was - and still am no different from Pie when it comes to feeding your current hype of a game you have yet to play. Back...in '98 I believe, I had anticipated Xmas in perhaps my happiest year: TLoZ - Ocarina of Time was releasing and my mother gave me a early gift: The strategy guide to the game. I spent so much time reading the guide, absorbing what I'm likely going to experience, and thankfully avoiding story spoilers. I felt such a strong immersion in the land of Hyrule that it made the actual game experience better.
TheLurk-nessMonster
Novice LV 2/2
Novice  LV 2/2

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares