[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Music to My Fears
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Music to My Fears

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Music to My Fears

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:26 pm

You can never go wrong with the Final Fantasy IV boss song. It's one of my favorites - all energy, and really gets you pumped up for a fight.

So much great music in classic games, because it simply had to be great. With limited hardware, they couldn't exactly show emotion through the facial expressions of a sprite. A lot of the tone and feel of a scene came through in glorious MIDI.

And now the FFIV boss and final boss songs are stuck in my head. And there goes the four fiends song. So much music in my head, all playing. I do not regret this.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Music to My Fears

Postby Alexx » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 am

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH!! Who doesn't love that song? Honestly? Come on!

...and to think; the first time I heard it was actually in Mario RPG.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:41 am

And the first time I heard it, we were chasing each other with rocket launchers in Goldeneye while the song played in a ten minute loop on the computer.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm happy that you have such an appreciation for the old rpg boss music. XD I admit that I'm probably biased from my childhood experiences, but some of those classic boss melodies, it's just so hard to beat that kind of energy! XD It's so rare for me to have that kind of feeling for modern day games, when you encounter a boss and can FEEL the adrenaline, that beat, the tempo, the melody that tells you "This is "the time," This is gonna be big!" It really feels like a lot of boss melodies I hear try to go more for a "creepy danger" vibe than an adrenaline "this is gonna be awesome!" vibe.

I can't help but to feel that because of all the memory freedom that creators have nowadays, that there isn't as much pressure to make this kind of stuff, or maybe because technology was so limited back in the day, they HAD to focus so much on melody focused-style music, maybe it's because gaming culture has changed too? I'm not saying that the old music is better; There's plenty of really awesome game soundtracks out there to modern games, but sometimes I get disappointed that I'm not moved by more boss tracks. ^^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares