[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Bear's Bearings
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Bear's Bearings

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Bear's Bearings

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:49 am

I can't say I know exactly how you feel here, but I have experienced something similar. For a few years now I've felt that need to game waning, to the point where I really try to discourage myself from buying a new game unless I really want it. Like so many others, the games will end up on my shelf played maybe once if at all. And even then, I can't be sure. I was really looking forward to Fallout 4, but I just could not get myself into it for the long haul.

Some of that is due to my loss of love for games rich with side content. I like the concept enough, but lately I crave a simpler, more focused game. Except for Skyrim - I'm still playing that for some reason. Yet, whether playing games or watching netflix, I lately get this strong notion that I could be doing something more useful with that time. Sure, games are fun, and I don't intend to give them up, but at the end of the day I haven't accomplished anything - I'm sitting where I was when I started. Most of the time I can ignore that feeling, but it keeps getting stronger.

Age could be a factor - I'm almost thirty four. But a lot of it likely stems from having an actual goal. There's always this thing I could be working on, and when I'm not, I feel like I'm wasting time. But I can't always work. I have to recharge those batteries, something books and games have always been great for.

In the end, I choose not to lament this feeling. I play games less, but I do other things more. I've even found that if I do multiple different things in a day instead of just binging on one activity, the day feels longer and more fulfilling. So I'll play games when I want to and I'll still love them, but when I want to do something else I'll put the games down and get to it.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Bear's Bearings

Postby Pie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40 am

That's pretty much exactly how I feel Adol. XD Everything you wrote except for your opening sentence and our ages. Your response is well written and takes the words right out of my mouth. =)

I keep thinking how cool it'd be to hang out and get to know you more. =D If you lived nearby, we could have gone out for... pizza! \(' u ')/
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

I would like to get the chance to hang out with you two someday. [arrogant sarcasm]Maybe once I become a big time writer[/arrogant sarcasm] I'll be able to travel more. And as a future [ego fluffing optimism] big time writer [/ego fluffing optimism], I appreciate your words. Definitely a boost to my confidence.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Hypie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 am

Strange im exactly the opposite. I'm cryin a Ocean of Tears for all the Simplifying in Games. So many Side Content cut or put in DLC (yeah im looking at you EA and Co.). I crave for a Game like the Mass Effect Triologie (without the shitty ending :P) Where you have so much you can do without any lack of quality in the story telling department. I cheated myself a COD IW just for the Campaign. Written itself well but too damn short! I have the feeling most Devs think we Gamers are slowly dumbing down to these Facebook Kids who only have a 5 Minute Attention Span except its not 5 Minutes but like 8-10 Hours.

I really wish there would be a good ol Game in our Time that holds me for Weeks...
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares