[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Heart will glow on...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Heart will glow on...

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Heart will glow on...

Postby Hypie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:00 am

It looks like a lot of good People leave us...

my Granddad just passed away last Week and...it ruins me. It keeps me on Edge all the Time, because its a Mudwar in everything. I have to fight with his Family (who just want a fast Grab on Money) fight with the Local Offices about the Paperstuff and what not. Just when i found work too, that i can't take now. /sob

10am here next try to get some Sleep.
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Re: Heart will glow on...

Postby Alexx » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am

Man, I hear you, Pie. If there's one thing I want at my funeral, it's a freakin' party, assuming I don't alienate too many people (since I honestly don't see family as often as I see friends). Tell some jokes, play some music, LAUGH, ya know? If I have my way, I won't have a body lying around, either. Cremate me, put me in a urn or something, and for pete's sake, glue some googly eyes on it! That's gona be one thing in my will I'm gona be adamant on: Googly eyes on my urn. If anyone has to carry that around, I want strange looks and awkward moments.

Anyway, in terms of "cutting the fat": My collecting habits put me in the same position. I need to be getting rid of things, but it's tough to do. I'm a collector, and I attribute thoughts and feelings to inanimate objects.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:44 pm

-Hypie
Thank you for sharing yourself with us. =o I'm sorry to hear about your loss. '_' My grandfather on my mom's side also had that issue of people going after his money. -_- I wish you luck in getting through your tough time Hypie.

-Alexx
Oh Alexx, your googly eye idea made me laugh. XD I was thinking "Why didn't I think of something like that?" Bear said afterwards of maybe even attatching a bobble head spring or something to the top of the jar too. XD
Because of my feelings of being upset when having to get rid of objects, I've thought about not even wanting a things, just so it won't happen, kinda like people who don't want pets because they have trouble grieving when the pets pass. ^^ -but then attaching so much sentiment to an object can sometimes make you so happy just through admiring it. It's a double edge sword. =x *sigh*
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:37 pm

That's why Pet Rock is best pet. /no1

As someone currently going to school to be a funeral director, I've kind of been thinking about this stuff a lot, too. Thinking about how the people around me would handle it, and if I can make the preparations before hand, what would help them the best. As you all may or may not know, I'm kind of a goofy guy, but I'm not sure my family would appreciate my coffin opening up mid funeral, and a dozen kittens jumping out.

And as far as "fun ideas for a funeral" go, I think my favorite thing I've seen in my text books are these special caskets that you can write on with a sharpie or permanent marker. Leave them a final goodbye, that you might not have gotten while they were still alive. Hell, you can glue your googly eyes on that. I just really like that idea. I don't know if they've figured out how to apply this funeral tech on Urns, though.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Pie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm surprised to hear that you're training to be a funeral director Paul. XD I really wouldn't have expected it since you ARE so goofy. =3 I'm happy to hear what you had to say about the situation I brought up; I guess especially since managing the back end of funeral services will be your thing. /heh the googly eyes on the coffin sounds nice. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares