[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Till Death Do Us Party
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Till Death Do Us Party

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Till Death Do Us Party

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:18 am

It's funny, but the anonymity of online interactions rarely ever makes things easier for me. I'm sure it works for a lot of people, considering comment sections, but the most it does for me is allow me able to say something in a group of strangers from time to time. Maybe. I still worry about saying something that will make someone feel bad, and if I'm being honest, make me look stupid. It's easy to say I don't worry what anyone thinks, but I believe most people want to be seen positively. So even behind the mask of a character, I rarely ever speak. I don't make my points and I don't make my jokes. With text, it's so easy to be misunderstood, and I fear not being given the opportunity to clarify my point if it comes off badly. Naturally this is something I have to continue to try and overcome, and being uncomfortable is a life skill worth cultivating, but I feel nearly as reluctant online as I do in front of people. And sometimes they don't have to be real. I'll never be able to see a full renegade playthrough of Mass Effect because I'd feel too bad about treating the characters like crap. And they don't even exist!

This isn't meant to knock your point, because I think for most people it's true and offers a great opportunity to get to know people without preconception. It just doesn't really work for me.

And, you know, funny comic. I love the two of you sliding under the blanket.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares