[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Cookie Files
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

The Cookie Files

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

The Cookie Files

Postby Alexx » Mon May 11, 2015 8:42 pm

So, so many animals dropping cookies and bread or what have you. The Earthbound world is a scary one. On the other hand: There's no limit to what stores will buy from you! In Winters, I had Jeff kill animal after animal and sell the cookies and bread that they dropped for a buck or so each. Death after death eventually netted me enough cash to buy this awesome baseball bat for Ness. All because stores will buy nasty-ass food I found on the corpses of random animals.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: The Cookie Files

Postby Fenreil » Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 am

I've not played Earthbound myself, but having heard about it time and time again, I'm kind of surprised that the animals aren't dropping anything weirder than food. I'd expect something either subtly terrifying or completely kooky. But that's probably just due to those aspects of the game being brought to light over everything else.

As for the news post, I'm delighted to see how Pie views her character in FFXIV. That outlook on games is one of the qualities that really helps make the comic as good as it is.

I wish I could say the same, haha. I've found myself becoming less and less attached to the characters I create in games as time has gone on. Appearance usually plays a pretty large role in it, I think, at least it has been in FFXIV. I'm never quite satisfied with how they look, so I'm always just a tiny bit annoyed in cutscenes. Now that I think about it, the character I was most attached to was the one whose appearance I was most satisfied with...

What was the point I was trying to make, again?
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Re: The Cookie Files

Postby Pie » Sat May 16, 2015 1:01 am

Alexx-it must have taken foreeeever. >.<

Fenreil- I'm happy that you enjoy our posts. =) Thank you! XD It'd bug me a ton if there was something about my character that stuck out to me that I didn't like in every cinematic. >.< That's why I'm very particular about how they look in the very beginning. '_' In fact, I remade my character in FF14 for minor changes probably 4 times. XD I'd probably have a lot of trouble getting attached to my character If she wasn't appealing, . '_'
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares