[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Infected with Life
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Infected with Life

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Infected with Life

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:44 pm

I saw this and really wanted to cry. I had never really gotten into Mega Man until a couple years ago and I haven't played very many of the games, but I have definitely seen the passion that fans like Bear and Pie have for the series. It's something powerful, like something I haven't really seen from any other game series' fanbase. Because of this sort of dedication I see, it upsets me to see something that a lot of people have this passion for be relegated to the history books.

This week's comic shows me that, despite the possibility of a Mega Man game never again being made, the fanbase is willing to accept this spiritual successor, Might No. 9. I know it helps that the creator of Mega Man is making it, but I think it's cool that two of the biggest Blue Bomber fans I know have mostly accepted this without complaint and have confidence that the game will be undoubtedly amazing.

Also, if it's any further confidence booster, I submitted a link for this weeks comic to a Mighty No. 9 blog on Tumblr that is becoming quite popular. I think this comic could get you guys some new readers, so I'll share it where I think it'll be seen.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Re: Infected with Life

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:56 pm

"Not Rush"

I almost died of laughter. Seriously.

Anyways, I think I mentioned this before, but I'm really looking foward to this project. I can't wait to see what new tricks Keiji has up his sleeve...
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:21 am

Nina! Cast magic missile on the bars!
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 am

OH MAN BoF2's Nina wouldn't be stuck in there! She'd bend those bars with her bare hands! That was one of the few Ninas that didn't need any protection.

Anyway: How can I express my excitement for this project? I guess it's that I actually POSTED about it - I don't normally advertise things. But this....THIS. It's sorta what should have kept happening after Mega Man Zero and ZX. Those were more of the evolutions of the Mega Man style, and Mighty No. 9 is what we need to keep that going further. Capcom just ain't gona make that happen. I'm sure we'll get another Mega Man 2 style game, and that's cute and all....but Mr. Inafune is the one who wants to see what else there is to do. I wholeheartedly agree, and I'm right there behind him carrying the love for that genre that he built up in me in the first place.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:53 pm

I think I said it elsewhere on the forums, but Mega Man 5 was the first game I bought with my own money as a kid. I had played others in the series already. But as a kid who has to save a lot just to buy one game, Mega Man is where I threw my money. Even though I like the X series best, I have played and enjoyed other spin-off series, or evolutions or whatever you want to call them, and have always been a fan. So as Alexx said this just seems like another natural evolution for the franchise...even if it isn't technically connected.

I said as much on the FB post, but I love that you used wind-shaman form Nina. Depending on which BoF2 ending you go by, a depressed Nina would stay behind bars even when she could escape. I wouldn't say that any of the Ninas really needed protecting though. The only minor example is kid version BoF3 Nina...and even then it only took a bit of leveling. Once she was grown up though? She's a super fast super powerful caster and at that point likely more powerful then any other game's Nina...well, except maybe a perfect shaman combo BoF2 Nina but even then I'm not sure...I mean BoF3 had almost no limit because of perm stat boost items...

I'm going kinda tangent now =P One playthrough though I even made a power-type Nina using all the right masters and fed her all the Power Foods I came across (easiest to get, stolen from Hobgoblins) and with an ignore defense type ability and her naturally high speed she was a monster.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby thatonesniperguy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:31 pm

I just noticed the little Servbot on Megaman's amulet...that was a nice touch.
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank you Wilbur for the thoughtful post and for linking the comic! =D Like you, I'm very happy and impressed with the passion and love the Megaman fan community has for the series and how strongly it has brought people together.

did a really wonderful piece on Megaman's appearance in the new Smash Bros but I can't help to completely disagree with the end where he makes a personal request to Capcom about Megaman Legends 3 to "make it happen."

There've been a lot of the fan art responses on Mighty No.9 depicting Beck and Megaman bro-fisting (etc.) while wishing each other good luck which I can't help to have mixed feelings about; I think that it's far past the time of wishing Megaman good luck and that it's become more of a delusion of a lot of fans. As a huge Megaman fan, I don't like the idea of the Megaman franchise dying, but I realized a while back that even if it were to continue going, I wouldn't want it to in the hands of Capcom which we all know will never change. As we've all seen by now, Capcom seems to care very little about its IPs as games or their fans and thinks of their IPs mainly as profit avenues.

I wonder if the people in charge even know anything about the franchises they're producing; the new numbered Breath of Fire social game being an example. If they really knew what BoF was as a series, would they really make the first revealed character have red hair? I know it might sound like a very small thing to nitpick at, but as a BoF franchise fan and follower, you'd know that the hero's blue hair is pretty much a staple to the series. If they had simply made the hair blue, there'd at least be a visual cue for fans to make out as a relation to the franchise.

All good things come to an end after all. Maybe it's a good thing for Megaman to finally end. I think it's better for it to end at a respectable level than for it to fizzle out into a bad, drawn-out franchise that people have lost interest and the love for. It being dead as a franchise however doesn't mean that it will be dead in all aspects because it will live on in the fans who loved it and I think that's far more important.

-And
I agree with Alex about the idea of Mighty No.9 being an evolution of the Megman style. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:52 pm

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares