[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Bogey Man
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Bogey Man

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Bogey Man

Postby Alexx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:00 am

Look out Slippy, HE'S GOT A BOMB!

Ugh, those speed-hole-rock things. So hard to line up with. The flying with the motion controls was cute, as usual, but always something that I would probably change over to normal controls if given the choice. Kinda like whatever Mario Kart was on the Wii last - they gave you motion controls, I tried them out, they obviously sucked, and I went back to normal! See Nintendo? Why not give us the option of normal controls?

Ah well, Skyward Sword was still fun in the long run, and it would have been hard to map in all those sword controls into a controller. Still, you spend a good amount of time in some battles fighting with the system more than the boss, leading me to call this more Awkward Sword than Skyward, but the dungeons 'n such made up for it. I mean in the end, it's still a good Zelda game. Just not the best by far.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Bogey Man

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 am

Definitely one of my favorite comics so far. Don't know why, but it just is.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am

Link! Do a barrel... spin?
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Heh...Link better hope Fox doesn't have any more Nova Bombs...
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:27 pm

So that's why they came out with a wii mote that has a super FX chip in it.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Bear » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 am

After getting through the first dungeon, things started ramping up for us. The second boss was much more enjoyable and I'm really enjoying the motif of the third. Sadly, when we were in LA last week, I forgot to pack our second Wii-mote that had the Wii-motion Plus accessory on it, so it means no more Zelda for possibly a month
/sigh

Every single time we go through these rocks, we always feel like we are warping through one of those special hidden warp zones in Star Fox. Doing this comic has made Pie and I super nostalgic to play some Star Fox and SF64 cause man...they are just so great and we've not touched them in many, many years.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

The timing of this comic fit toooooo perfectly with the Nintendo Direct announcement of Zelda 3DS. Do you know something you're not telling us!?!

I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but the one thing I didn't particularly care for was all that flying. On the other hand going through the boosty rocks was very fun. Well, it was fun if you didn't smash head first into said rock rather than clearing it.

Also, you two can always borrow one of our Wii motes until you're able to get your other one back. I know we have a couple with Motion Plus built in. You can't take the Zelda one though, that's where I draw the line! /lv
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

No...no...it is better that way. I would be more comfortable taking your newborn child than your Zelda Wiimote....

Can I borrow your newborn? For things?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Wha? But I'll be busy teaching him how to grind in RPGs and do all the work for me in all my games D= Well, and force him to play games with me that steph doesn't like playing, like fighting games.

Also, yeah, I had completed everything on SF64...and then playing it again when it came to the 3DS...man I'm rusty x.x I was so good at that game before lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares