[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Nightmare Mode
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Nightmare Mode

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Nightmare Mode

Postby Alexx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am

THAT DOCTOR. It's amazing that he showed himself so few times in that game and yet he was SO well done as a horribly disgusting human being. I don't know what it is...he's realistic? Possibly? He's just so simple, I guess. He knows what he wants and doesn't care what gets in his way. No speeches, no grand plans to tell you; nothing. Just a total bastard who doesn't really care about your character until the end, and even then you seem like just a side thing to him.

Anyway: NO THANKS. The game is amazing and I am having a hard enough time just getting the final secret dungeon open to me without having to try nightmare mode. There are some games where I just have NO desire to make them harder. Then again, like I said, I still haven't opened up the final dungeon, so that probably lends to that. I just can't seem to get to the final boss with a energy refill intact. It also doesn't help that I haven't played in a long time, and my skills against Misery and everything else leading up to the boss are lacking. I used to be able to get past Misery without getting hit! If I'm to go back I'll have to almost replay it again just to get my skills back up.

Not that that's a bad thing! Every time I play it I'm amazed that so much emotion can be conveyed in such a short game with so little dialogue.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Nightmare Mode

Postby Adol The Red » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 am

I do want to play this game so much, but my skill levels at this sort of game are very low. Considering that I would want to get the good ending, and that's even harder, I don't think I'll ever end up playing it. Still, what I've seen is very awesome and I love the music. And I was able to absolutely hate the doctor after Alexx showing me just a few short snippets.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby hrist » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

This comic turned out well, I found it rather funny, I want to try this game now : D : D : D

hrist
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Pie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:34 am

Well Hrist, if you want to play the game, you can download a fan translated English patch of the 2004 pc version . =) I think this is where I originally got the game yeeeeaaaars ago. This version doesn't have the the refined graphics option in Cave Story Plus and I don't think it has controller support, but it's Cave Story and it's still awesome. XD Though it's free to download the game here, I hope you consider supporting the creator, Pixel, and those who have worked on it to get it into your English reading hands.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm

To be honest, I haven't played through that much of Cave Story yet. I'd like to get farther, but I have the 3DS version and I'm not always that interested in playing portable games unless I'm on a trip away from my consoles. All I've been playing on my 3DS for a long while now is Pokemans.

Anyway, I really love the interesting setting so far and the sweet Metroid-style arsenal that you acquire throughout the game has something for almost every situation it looks like.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares