[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Mealtime Menagerie
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Mealtime Menagerie

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Mealtime Menagerie

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 am

Issue #123; Mealtime Menagerie.

Another good comic this week, I love the time and effort put into the humor (as always), as well as the effort put into the subtle details. The Minish Cap poster in the background of panel 2 brought out my inner gamer, and Sly Fox's (hope I said that right) poster in panel 4.

The little details are, at some point, going to be noticed, and that is part of the side-fun of the comic that I love.

About the actual humor of the comic itself, I liked the subtlety of this one. Even if you don't entirely know all of the references, you can still piece together the comedy in it. (Well... not sure on the Goron, but that was funny)

-Rocks, it's more of an acquired taste... and by acquired I mean having a strong enough jaw for consuming them. (Why else do we have Rock Candy? *Subtle Starfox-reference mode off)

P.S. Getting close to the 125th comic in LIA! Keep up the laughter, it is the best medicine, after all.
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Re: Mealtime Menagerie

Postby Alexx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 am

Man, I'd stare right back at the bull guy and sllooowly take a bite of the burger anyway.

Then run. I wouldn't go very fast, because I'd be full of delicious burger, but DAMNIT it would be worth it! "Your cow race is deliciooouuuuss!!"
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Pie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 am

@Alexx- lol XD

@Zyran- Thank you so much for your positive feelings on this comic. It makes us feel very happy. ;_; -about the Goron; they eat rocks so I suppose he's saying Pie should be enjoying it. ^^ (thank you for the Starfox reference =D)

As I've said before, I'm really happy to hear that people like the little reference stuff I add in the backgrounds, ect. =) Sometimes I'm really curious how many people know some of my more obscure references I've done like Metal Storm and Cyber Woo. lol Such obscure fandom... @_@
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Ah man this one had me rolling. Great stuff. Enjoy delicious rock! Mmmmm! And yeah I always look for stuff in the background ever since the comic with the Paul poster. And I sort of wonder if you guys actually have some of that stuff, like the framed Sly picture.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby TracerBullet » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Reminds me of a time I cooked a meat dish, only to discover that half the people there were vegetarian. Boy was that an awkward moment.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares