[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Parrot Rapport
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Parrot Rapport

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Parrot Rapport

Postby chrisb » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 am

This is honestly one of the best comics you guys have done. It's hilarious and I love the art even more than usual. Way to go!
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Parrot Rapport

Postby Alexx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 am

That parrot has got to be one of my all time favorite ways to save a game. I never played the original Wild Arms, but my wife and I started the remake on the PS2. I love the noises the parrot makes; I wish I could track them down and download them somehow.

Anyway: I've always thought of this when it's a game where someone writes down what you're doing to save your game! Or, for instance, in Terranigma where you're writing it down yourself. Those books are all over the place! Just think if other people are using it too, or they decide to add some...interesting additions to your story...
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Tony May-San » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

i played the original, i got stuck for about a year at the same spot until one day i worked out i had to walk through a stained glass window D:

i do enjoy the way some games save your data. wild arms was ingenius, the only other one that comes to mind right now is the pokemon games. you're character has always sort of dropped to one knee and scribbled in his/her journal. they really showed it in diamond/pearl/platinum too with the way you read the last page of your journal when you first turn the game on, it reminds you of what you're doing.
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 pm

There have been a few games that did similar things though I can't seem to remember them at the moment...but I remember having similar thoughts about it. Then there's always like, what if they forget parts of your story, or you entirely, cause you haven't been playing for a long time. "Sorry but, who are you again?"

Still it's always nice having something different like that instead of generic save point thing, though a lot of games have you able to save anywhere these days.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Meanwhile, the FF9 moogles are plotting...
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:10 am

oh my days, how did i forget them?! those crazy little bastards..
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't get it. Are you saying that the parrots aren't actually our Gods? hehehe
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares