[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Fire at Will
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Fire at Will

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Fire at Will

Postby Farore » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I have never played any of the Romancing Saga games, but man is that hilarious. I've always found the subject of trading gear with NPC's pretty funny. For example, in Skyrim, where I hire a companion, use them as my personal pack mule, then eventually get to a town where I take everything back along with anything of value they started with to sell. You just have to laugh at some of the things NPC's are willing to accept.

Also, Fire dog, love it. But I must wonder, how does one remove the fire stain from the carpet?
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Fire at Will

Postby Maple » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Diet Coke and Mentos fire extinguisher.
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:50 pm

I like the little BoF2 touch and of course flamin dog. Kinda assumed what was gonna happen, still funny though.

I haven't played any of them either though apparently in Japan the most recent one that came out accidentally had the previous game inside and they had to recall them =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I haven't played Romancing Saga, but Saga Frontier has a certain place in my gamer's heart. I didn't become a gamer very young. I played games, but not very often. It wasn't until I got my PS1 that I really got into gaming. FFVII was my first serious game, and I played the crap out of it. After that I rented two games from blockbuster, Final Fantasy Tactics and Saga Frontier. I was woefully unprepared for both.

I only first beat Tactics with a gameshark, because despite my inability to play it I absolutely loved that game. Story, music, everything was awesome. Eventually I went back and beat it legit. With Saga Frontier I just had no idea what to do. I liked the game. I liked the style of it and all of that, but I didn't even really understand the concept of grinding at this point, so there was no way I was going to get through it.

I've thought about going back to Saga Frontier for a long time, and finally I ordered it, and a guide, off of amazon. Side note, I love Amazon for old strategy guides. I admit I haven't played it a ton yet, but I've gotten farther than I ever did before. Serioulsy, the first time I only managed to even find one boss, and he killed me. Repeatedly. So far I've enjoyed my time going back and playing this one. It's a huge nostalgia trip for me, and a lot of fun.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:53 am

Saga Frontier is a strange beast...in that depending on whose story you go through can mean a really hard game or somewhat easy. There is a ton of depth into it for how to learn abilities, special equipment, stat ups, and other various things that are quite different from most any other rpg, so even with experience the game comes across as...weird seeming. It doesn't help that is hasn't aged well...but I DO still love the music from that game.

Going by the little bit of information there it's highly possible you were fighting something you weren't supposed to. I think the vampire girl...Asalus...A...something...too lazy to look it up, she has a boss almost at the very beginning of her story that you're not supposed to fight, unless you do a ton of grinding and other crap. At least I think so...it's been a long time since I played and I had tried to play again a while back but got caught in the grind. Some characters can get some pretty game breaking stuff if you work towards it.

Speaking of the music though, my fav one, .
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby chrisb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Hilarious comic. I always wondered how RPG characters felt when they joined your party and were stripped of their items. Flaming dog is awesome too.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I like to think that the dog came out of the event horizon from black monolith in the Fez comic perpetually ablaze. In case you were wondering, he was chasing his tail in the next to last frame XD

Thanks for the compliments guys! Much appreciated <3
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Don't forget that Bear is wearing Viktor's costume from Suikoden I & II! /no1
I LOVE SaGa Frontier! I was confused at first too, but when I discovered how to level my characters and all the cool skills and spells, I fell in love with the game /lv
Asellus was my favorite character, and she had such a great story. I loved how her ending would change depending on how much of her mystic abilities you used.
I almost finished this game, but when my house was broken into many years ago, this game was stolen :( along with many, many other classic games I had (sigh /sob ).
I might try looking for this game again to try to finally finish it off.
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Ah, that sucks Luc =/ I've lost some of my old collectables also, some can be pretty expensive to replace x.x

But yeah like I said, had a lot of cool stuff, it just...hasn't aged well =X It's kinda hard to go back to, and I imagine especially hard to start without having played it before.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares