[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Rabbit Rock-Out!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Rabbit Rock-Out!

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Rabbit Rock-Out!

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm

I love the backgrounds for the last two panels, especially the murder birds.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Rabbit Rock-Out!

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 am

So let me get this straight. This game encourages you to maim helpless little bunnies using no more then your god awful singing voice, then rewards you and even suggests you regale your friends with stories of bunny slaughter via twitter..?

Where do I sign up? Sounds like my kinda game. /gg

I do like the look on her face in the last box. 'would you like to tweet this?' 'no! nonono! nonononono! no.. o.o '
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 pm

I like to think the twitter birds are whispering constantly in her ear

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Bear » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 am

Haha! Yeah, I originally suggested that the murder birds be on stools instead of whispering murder, but Pie liked it better this way as a constant, nagging reminder of the slaughter that was inescapable from her consciousness.

Swords and Sworcery is interesting in how it integrates Twitter into the experience. Even though it claims that it can have a significant positive impact on your experience playing the game, there doesn't seem to be anything of the sort that alters your experience. Every time something big happens though, or there is a memorable line, it will ask you if you want to tweet it.

The funny thing about it is that in the game, you are constantly looking to explore the environment by clicking on objects or directing your "song of sworcery". In all other cases, doing so is fruitful in that it will reward you with flavor text, uncover puzzle elements, or simply confirm that there is nothing there if the object has no purpose.

Well, in the game, you walk by the bunnies and they give off this mystical little chime as they scurry off into the bush, scared by your presence. Oh yes...they have reason to be scared alright, because as soon as you get it into your head that maybe you should try to lull them with your song, horrible things happen. When I was playing, I had expected that something cool would be uncovered... When the bunny exploded violently, I burst out "OH SHIT!!!", cause...yeah...some things can't be undone.

Another funny thing is that when I originally wrote the script, the last line was changed because, only having killed one bunny, I was not rewarded with a tweet-worthy notice, so I wrote a line that I had imagined it would reward you with. Upon doing research for the death of the bunnies by killing more in game, we found that at 3, you were treated to the line on the next-to-last frame in the game. I imagine that if there is only one tweet that you re-tweet onto your account, you make it this one so everyone can think you are a terrible, terrible person. XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby -Mara- » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm very disturbed after reading that post.....Mainly cause I'm curious about the game now, not sure what that says about me.....
-Mara-
Undeclared
Undeclared

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares