[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Power Within (5/18/2012)
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

The Power Within (5/18/2012)

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

The Power Within (5/18/2012)

Postby TracerBullet » Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 am

I'm guessing you folks either live in a dry region or global warming has really funked up the climate. Maybe both. Still, I vaguely remember thinking how it cool it was to see my breath in cold weather when I was a kid.

Also, is Bear snoring in the last panel or did he get a bear nose (ha!) with no explanation?
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: The Power Within (5/18/2012)

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:06 am

Gas prices dinosaur!

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Farore » Fri May 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Yet again you struck gold with the hover text. And Shame on you Bear for letting Pie go blanket-less for so long in such cold conditions!

I can completely relate though. My sister likes to turn the AC down to 74 and I have to bring a blankie to my desk or risk hypothermia.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Fri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Haha, Bear is snoring in the last frame with his mouth open - never would have thought about it as a nose until you said something Tracer XD As for where we live, it is pretty much perfect weather. Great humidity and temperatures, pretty much year round. California weather really spoils us.

So here is the story about how this comic idea came up. Every morning when we wake up, I ask Pie how she slept since she can be a light sleeper. Last weekend she replies that, strangely, she couldn't sleep. Now mind you, I've been living with her for a long time now and I get a pretty good idea about what could be keeping her up. Humidity, temperature, roaming dinos and barking animals are the big ones. Actually, temperature and humidity are so important for her skin condition in general that we keep a temperature/humidity gauge in both the office and bedroom.

So, like I said in the blog post, one would think that if you are cold you do the sensible thing and get a blanket instead of not sleeping. But she literally doesn't always get why she can't sleep. It must be some sort of unexplained mystery to her; I don't really get it. So when she checked the temperature in the morning (as in, around the time to wake up), she finally realized, "Oh, I was cold".

The funny thing is, I now have a pretty good idea about what blanket level, or BLANCON, she is at. I think she is starting to get the gist of it too, but the thought will never occur until after it is too late. So here is the breakdown: she needs 4 blankets at 58 degrees and below, 3 blankets in 68 degrees and below, 2 blankets at 75 and below, and 1 blanket no matter what. I imagine if we ever went camping, the tent would be filled to the brim of blankets, just to keep warm.

So, if its 55, and she is at BLANCON 3, she's too cold. 78 and BLANCON 2? Too warm. Easy systerm right? But she has no way to realize, while sleeping or attempting to sleep, what those feeling are. The comic was me teasing her in how it must go on in her mind, because it is the only way I can reconcile how she deals with this sort of problem solving.

I think she laughs at it so much because it strikes closer to home than she wants to admit. XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Bear » Fri May 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Haha, it's only a relatively recent addition and I forgot when I started it. I wasn't going to bother, but I thought it would be fun, so why not? Also since the Nov. site update, I missed having hidden jokes and easter eggs that were in the old site. I stopped because I didn't think anyone ever noticed them, but hover texts are a little bit easier to find. XD

The hovers are inspired by , because Nedroid is so freaking .
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby -Mara- » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

All I can say is /lv Fei!!!
-Mara-
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Kerreth » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 pm

You may THINK she's just some regular person freezing in air-conditioning, then suddenly, ICE-WOMAN.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Sat May 19, 2012 1:16 am

This BLANCON system sounds ingenious.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 am

@Kerreth: lol. I actually had an idea for a villain like that in one of my stories.

I agree. The hover text was quite hilarious. This whole thing was hilarious. /heh

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares