[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Repondez S'il Vous Plait (3/30/12)
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Repondez S'il Vous Plait (3/30/12)

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Repondez S'il Vous Plait (3/30/12)

Postby TracerBullet » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:22 pm

, meaning "Respond, if you would."

Reminds me of a story from my college days, when for some reason or another I wandered into a frat house, drank a little Jack and began dancing with a girl when a few guys wearing polo shirts pull me aside and asked me if I actually knew anyone in the frat. I muttered the name "Brandon." And one of them asked, "Brandon who?" Whatever surname I gave them after that apparently was wrong. They immediately kicked me out of the house, and I left because even with some alcohol running through my system I didn't believe that fighting a small group of drunken frat boys was going to end well.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that Bear and Pie were lucky that they caught the octopus nose guy (does he have a name?) in the morning instead of at night while under a few cups of jungle juice. And also that they didn't give out their real names.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Repondez S'il Vous Plait (3/30/12)

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 pm

I select P for Party with them! I'm also loving how Paul is rockin' out in that picture in the background picture. I totally missed it until Roll pointed it out.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 pm

You guys should definitely start slipping little cameos into the comics. That is soooooo cool!

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 pm

He he, I resonate with the "behind the times" thing...which I guess is obvious, since I love this comic. The whole of my video game life has been behind, bascially. I borrowed an NES when the SNES and Genesis were tops, then I did the same with the SNES and Genesis when they were dying. I finally bought my friend's old SNES by the time Playstations were big, and then bought another friend's PS1 when the PS2 was big! Then of course I started getting hand-me-down PS2s when the first-run ones started breaking. I got two free PS2s because they were junky, but they served me well for a good while!

Anyway, it seems like I only get slower and slower as time goes by. I keep going back to my SNES...if this keeps up I'm gona be goin' backwards entirely!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Yeah, it is so hard to not want to keep returning to the SNES days considering how awesome so many games for that system is. I really enjoy revisiting old games in the comic because I always feel like it's our way of paying tribute to them, which feels good especially if a game that carries a lot of nostalgia has been overlooked or somewhat forgotten.

So yeah, this comic is just us poking fun at how out of touch we can be XD Sometimes I will joke about it with Pie about how we are hitting things at the absolute low point of their popularity, but then again, our comics tend to do so little with the actual game I guess it doesn't really matter? I often think we are so far behind that we "fashionably missed the party" instead of simply "fashionably late".

I'm glad you caught Paul, but didn't you get some sense of some impending urgency? You can always expect little things in the background if you look for them. Pie actually wanted to add in a bunch of people to this comic but she forgot the whole point was that Bear and Pie crashed it after everyone was asleep. I like to imagine that the door in the first frame might be an unlocked back door in a carelessly lit kitchen.

You decided to party with the vagrants and actually had fun. The party lasted until noon but you suddenly realized that you had work that day. Your shift starts at 1pm and you are still in your bathrobe. (C)all your boss and pretend you contracted Zombieitis. (B)eg your coworker to cover your shift. (O)cto Punch!!! (G)et some food and play some more; they probably won't notice you are missing.
Your command, Healer Farore?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I really like that some of the comics go back to older games. After all I know I go back and play older games, and even if you played a game some time ago the comic can be (and are!) still funny. In my living room Roll and I have all our old systems hooked up to my old color tube tv.

Good thing you didn't throw us all in there sleeping, I drool a lot and it might have been embarrassing.... wait a minute....

I enter (C)all your boss and pretend you contracted Zombieitis! It sounds like an absolutely real and believable affliction.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Ah man good stuff. I caught Paul in the backgroung immediately; that was great. Anyway, nothing wrong with the old games, and certainly nothing wrong with going back to them. I love newer games, but a lot of older games are just pure gameplay and fun to just play. Sometimes I refrain from playing certain newer things for a while just because I'm not in the mood to get too involved.

I only recently played through the original Legend of Zelda (GBA port) and had a great time with it. It felt good, too, because I got my real start in the PS1 era, and sometimes I feel a little out of the loop when they talk about older games that they love. I still enjoy and respect those games, though. I think the pure gameplay element is one reason I'm so attracted to XBLA and PSN games so much lately. And speaking of, if you have a PS3 and haven't played journey yet, I would seriously consider it. Short, but very good. Great music, too.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Maple » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Choose your name wisely "Tony". xD
Especially when going to a party at your brother's house.
In any case, I cast my 1st Level Charm on "Mark"s brother. Noaaaaaw continue carrying the bucket.
<-- has no idea what game the bucket reference came from.
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby ThePaul » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:45 am

/no1

Caught it instantly
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 pm

this is actually so like me its unreal. this happened on the friday just gone. i finished work at midnight and show up there at about 12:30. i enter through the back door and somewhere inbetween all the drinking and smoking i end up in the lounge playing some random game. later, someone asks 'who are you here with?' i reply 'im with luke' to which they reply 'didnt luke leave like an hour ago?'. i just sort of got up and shuffled myself out of there o.o
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares