[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Deadlier Descents (3/23/12)
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Deadlier Descents (3/23/12)

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Deadlier Descents (3/23/12)

Postby TracerBullet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 am

It's like they say: "You don't have to be faster than the transforming-robot-dino-clone-with-acorn-bombs, you just have to be faster than your friend." I'm sure your friend would want the same thing if he was still capable of speaking.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Deadlier Descents (3/23/12)

Postby Alexx » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:57 am

The sequel to my favorite comic! I always wondered what could be better than robot dinosaurs, and now I know. Thank you.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby th3squirr3l » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 am

Wait, is this game anything like this? I would have to get it if it had robot dinos that transform into robot squirrels with acorn bombs xD

I like to think that the robot actually just yells "Squirrel noise!!", rather than actually making one. Unless that was intended... If that's the case, much approval is being given /no1

Also, thanks for the feature in one of your comics! Because the robot squirrel is quite obviously supposed to be me...

What? Stop looking at me like that!
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby TracerBullet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 am

Also, for whenever this comic joins the archives. Seriously, why is there no edit button in these forums?
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am

I love how awestruck the robot-dino-squirrel looks on the podium. Looks like he just wants to curl up like a little kid and have Moby tell him a story while he pets his fluffy tail.

Edit: It appears as though Crispy also made an appearance in that last panel too. /gg
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:08 pm

"Give me your shirt!"

Ah, great stuff. And I think we should join hands for a moment of silence honoring the late Deliciosaurus. You are gone, but not forgotten. Your crunch, your buttery aftertaste, will always be with us. Godspeed, Deliciousaurus.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Maple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Deliciosaurus... /sigh
T'is be gone forever. Or at least until his (or her?) descendants appear.
In a bowl. Out of a box. That heats things. Yeaaah...
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby chrisb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:02 pm

@Farore - clever /no1
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm

I try!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm

I wish SSX had elements like this- it would be really fun. The idea came about because in the real game, your players can get body suits called wingsuits that let you glide in the air from massive jumps. We though, well it would only be natural that the robot dino clones should also have such an advantage.

To me this comic felt like a real throwback to older comics - totally random and silly and not taking itself seriously. Whenever we make things like this, I can't help but feel like we'll see comments on Joystiq or the like that people just "don't get it". I imagine a lot of comics we make have the "WTF" reactions. Oh well, just like rhyming comics we like doing things like this from time to time hehe

@Squirrel - I like to think that Squirrel Noise is a command line execution that may have many possible outcomes. One of which might be a Mac voice program speaking the line "Squirrel Noise".

Who ever said deliciousaurus was dead? =o I'll let you all speculate on what really happened XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Next

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares