[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cause For Celebration!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Cause For Celebration!

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Re: Cause For Celebration!

Postby ThePaul » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Yup, that'd be the kind I'd get. 'cept I have had some bad experiences with storing the delicious stuff, so I'd get a tiny one or make sure there are peeps around to feed the rest to.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby chrisb » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Love random background fish and congrats on 100 pages of awesomeness.

I am curious about this Chinese cake you speak of Pie...

I seriously need to create a food thread haha.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Pie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm

hahaha, yeah, a food topic sounds... *drool* /rice XD

-about Chinese cakes. I honestly don't really know what else to call them because that's generally how my family made the distinction since we believe "American cakes" and "Chinese cakes" we've had seem so different. A lot of American cakes I've had generally have a somewhat stiff very sugary sweet frosting (which I think is vegetable shortening based); not only that but a lot of them seem to have a strong sweet kick. "Chinese cakes" from Chinese bakeries generally have a very light frosting (like a vanilla extract/half & half mix), often have a variety of fruits mixed in and on top, and have a subtly sweet taste. Also, unlike American cakes, Chinese cakes tend to not have chocolate in the cake mix; if there is chocolate, it would be chocolate shavings or slices on the outside. I guess another reason we call them "Chinese cakes" is because they don't usually sell "American cakes" in Chinese bakeries. XD

I'm happy you like the fish background and thank you! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Maple » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Celebratory Bunny is spawned by use of the Terraria "Carrot" item. Just putting that out there :3
Anyhow, great work.
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome to the forums Maple! Glad to see you post =)

Thanks for the kind words~ Don't be shy and make yourself at home!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Ohh, I had a piece of cake in Hong Kong once and... Well, it was delicious... I wish I knew what it was. But it was a funky purple color, so I was hesitant to eat it at first. xD

Man, am I glad that I did.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Maple » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Was it like a Tylenol-grape-medicine-tablet-purple? It was probably Taro then.
Dislikes Taro. /swt2
Also, thanks for the welcomes Bear.
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Just looked up taro cake on google images... Yes, it looked quite a bit like that. So it's quite possible it was.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I WANT THE FISH WALLPAPER AS MY DESKTOP BACKGROUND!

confused fish is confused.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Previous

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares