[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Warthogs
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Warthogs

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Warthogs

Postby Bear » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:14 pm

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/comic/2012/01/20

Warthogs Animal Academy of Barking and Pooping

I have a lot to say about this one that will get posted tonight or sometime tomorrow on the blog, but for those curious it is based on the JRPG Robotrek for the SNES where a "puppet" is used to talk to animals (again, blog).

I feel like we've been neglecting writing blog entries for too long and I definitely feel the desire to write currently. It's been so busy with prepping for the Kickstarter's imminent coalescence that we've been pushing back even the comic a bit to make sure we had everything done before it closed.

Anyways, I'm still laughing at this one and I was in tears when we wrote it. The face cave-in and turning him inside out seal it for me. I'm not too happy with the way the last frame came out looking at it now because I feel Bear is looking to directly at the dog when I wanted Bear and Pie to be oblivious to how it affected him. I do like how happy and confident Bear looks. It gives off the look of "Mission Accomplished. We have ALL your secrets now."

Hope you guys enjoyed this one. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Warthogs

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

I laughed so hard when I read this comic, the cat face caving in, the dog's face at the end and Pie saying "YAY!" in the background, just hilarious.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Yeah I also have to chime in to say I liked it too for the same reasons. Didn't you guys do another comic or bonus on this game? I thought I remember it being mentioned previously. Partially cause I thought I had mentioned that I hadn't even heard of it, though in any case still liked the comic a lot, good stuff.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Regnek » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:32 pm

While I don't get the referencing behind this page, I still find it quite hilarious. I love the scene of the puppet being turned inside out.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

When I saw the puppet's face inside out I too was WTFing, pretty much the same as the dog.

Very clever.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Bear » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah Roll, we posted the little 3 panel animated comic along side the huge site overhaul that was also "about" Robotrek.

I figured that with the latest Terraria, Limbo and Steam comics, we were being too topical. We need to kick it old school and have a reference that maybe only one other person on the planet will get because that is how we roll. lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I figured it was Robotrek, because Bear and Pie was wearing the same outfits from the other one, but didn't really think about it too much. This is still the only place I've heard of this game :D
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Just... Pie's reaction to the whole thing xD

I like to think that she doesn't care about the dog's reaction, rather than not noticing :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

I was thinking in the beginning of this comic, "Oh, it's a kitty talking, what could this be about?"
So the face imploding was quite terrifying! /heh
Also, the dog in the comic looks so much like your dog! I love it! /lv
I definitely had a good laugh from this one!
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am

Don't be down about the last panel, Bear. That was pretty much the best one in the whole comic. Both of your reactions to the dog's mispleasure at having disclosed the location of the Animal Academy were hilarious.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares