[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Rattatattack
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Rattatattack

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Rattatattack

Postby Bear » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 am

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/comic/2011/12/30

I really liked the name for this comic, because it has a lot of T's and A's in it, and is SO CLOSE to being a palindrome. It also sort of trips me up when I read it because it almost looks nonsensical, forcing me to read it slowly to understands what it says.

I'm not too sure how clear it is that the last two rows are supposed to be my wild imagination. We added a little bubble but I think most people would glance right over it without noticing the transition, possibly giving the impression that Bear and Pie are actually dead.

I was telling Pie that I think we should have brought the blue bubble lines out on the sides of the comic to encapsulate it to make it more obvious, but we didn't end up doing so. We usually have a rule about never going back and making edits once it is posted, unless there is some really glaring error. Oh well.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Rattatattack

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:18 am

I also enjoy the comic title, and I think I read it slowly also, though only to make sure it was right. Well, it only shares that one A which works lol.

Anyway, I have to admit I didn't notice he was thinking up the rest of the panels...and I usually notice detail type stuff =X I still think it worked just fine without it though, I mean multiple other comics have their characters die in multiple different strips so I think it's ok =P

On the subject of Pokemon though, i had actually made a strip for it myself a long while ago. It had Hikari saying "let's see...it said Pokemon live in tall grass but I don't see any..." then it has a close up panel of her boot crunching down on the grass then there are suddenly a ton of Pokemon everywhere...fun times lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares