[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 78- Fiona's Failed Forest
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 78- Fiona's Failed Forest

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 78- Fiona's Failed Forest

Postby Soeroah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:15 am

I saw the title and knew it was Chrono Trigger!

I admit, this punchline took me completely by surprise. Well played, folks!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Re: LiA 78- Fiona's Failed Forest

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 am

Don't forget to D=

But yeah I'm happy for more Chrono Trigger goodness. It's funny, cause I've used different characters each time I played through the game over the years...and I THINK the first time I played through was Crono Ayla and Magus...and then Frog instead of Magus...it wasn't until sometime later when I realized there's no reason to use anyone other than the 3 1000 A.D. crew because they're easily the best characters lol. Antipode 3 from Marle and Lucca (Flare or Fire Sword 2 when Marle needs to heal) and Crono pretty much just Luminares and counters everything to death with his absurdly overpowered stats.

Anyway, even though Robo never was particularly good and I was glad to strand him in the desert for a while, the comic was still good and funny. I'm pretty sure that even the few that have the unfortunate fate of not having played CT would still enjoy it as Robo is clearly a robot and should be the obvious choice, yet Crono totally leaves Lucca for dead, lol.

Seriously though Lucca, you had 400 years! We are very disappoint.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Soeroah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

I forgot to link the comic! /facepalmtree
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 pm

lol, it's fine, that's why I threw it in. Also...facepalm...tree? you lost me, lol.

I also like how this comic caused me and my roommate to go into CT teams and characters and got into a long discussion about the more epic scenes and happenings in CT. It's funny, cause a lot of epic and important stuff happens involving Frog, and he's an awesome character story-wise and personality wise, but he gets so much hate for some reason =P I mean, he's not the best character but he's not that bad either...his main problem is lack of a killer final move, because Frog Smash is garbage >.>

We then started branching off into other rpgs and such, like Legend of Dragoon, which by all accounts is kinda a generic B tier RPG...yet I still really liked it anyway and now I really want to play it again =X I wonder if I can find a rom for psp that has all discs stitched together...
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks for posting this Soeroah! And no worries about the link haha

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the way this one ended up coming out. I thought it was a lot better than the last CT comic, and I was much happier about that since I'm such a huge CT fanboy. I do feel like we've been doing a little too much JRPGs recently though, and I really want to give western developed games some love, also some indie ones too.

Tomorrows comic will be a Portal 2 comic, which I'm looking forward to posting. Pie is lining it right now, so it looks like it might be another mid-day/evening post, but I think it will be worth the wait. Also, there will be a continuation comic for this CT comic on Wednesday, inspired by a convo I had with one of our newer followers on DA. It was funny enough to bust up laughing, so I'm eager to get that one out too.

But yeah, after that, need to do some western games love. Want to hit up Darkstalkers, Prince of Persia, Noitu Love 2, America McGees Alice and maybe even Quake to name a few. I really love and have been heavily influenced by Japanese games, but I want to show our diversity in tastes too. Hopefully we can start making money soon too so we can get a number of other more recent games we've been completely missing out on.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:15 am

Oooh, Prince of Persia. As long as it's the Sands of Time trilogy in four parts and not that damn PS3 one (that wasn't Forgotten Sands) xP
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby RollCasket » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 am

Follow up , , and ...very yes =P Sorry, going link crazy =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Damnit, Steam just put up the new Alice game for $15 for this weekend. I've been wanting this game since it came out and I'm really not in a place where I should buy it (I already broke down and bought Portal 2 when it went on sale).

Why must you tempt me so much with your pretty, shiny game sales Steam?

WHYYYYYY?!

lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Ah yeah, i hate when that happens...usually though i buy it and THEN it goes on sale =P What's your name on steam?
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Let's see- my Steam name is DeificWolf

It was funny, I decided to check out the multiplayer in Portal 2 after I beat the game, and I ended up getting into the match with some random guy. Then when we were trying to solve the puzzle I made a silly move and died or something, and Pie and I were laughing, but then we also heard him laughing too!! I was like, WTH?! VOICE CHAT?!

So after a bit of playing, we noticed he responded to something Pie and I were talking about and we were like O_O Turns out my mic, which was sitting on my printer just to the side of us, had been open the whole time, I guess by default, and he was hearing us the whole time. LOL

And so concludes my first experience using Steam to play with someone else haha
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Next

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares