[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #33 - Unraveled
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #33 - Unraveled

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #33 - Unraveled

Postby Bear » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:09 am

http://lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110114.png

WOW! Seriously?! I've not posted a new thread for the comic in for FOUR updates?! A WHOLE MONTH?! GOD DAMN!! Where does the time go?

Sorry for the inactivity with the forums (again) guys. Fei and I have been super super busy. On top of the normal comic work I've had a lot of side CAD work come in (you know, the DAY job) so that means I had to focus on that for a while. Any free time that I've had outside of that was going to getting the site re-coding finished, which launched today with comic #36: Mama Would be Proud.

So, about the Kirby themed comic Unraveled. Hmm...what can I say really? Fei and I had a lot of fun with this one and I'm especially happy with the visual appeal for it. I think Fei did an excellent job mimicking the style of Epic Yarn in the backgrounds and seeing Bear stuffing his face full of yarn I thought was pretty funny. I started out with normal narration and wanted to somehow convey the storybook aspect of the game that is so prominent in it's cut scenes - that ended up leading me into the rhyming in the last half of the comic; the Kirby half. Hope you guys liked it and could easily see that Pie is making a sweater out of King Dedede.
/heh

-Bear
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #33 - Unraveled

Postby RollCasket » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 am

This one is just entertaining overall to look at. The idea/writing and everything were good too, and much like you said in the thoughts it made me wish there were a little more...conflict in the game. It's cute and fun though, and I guess that's one of the more important things about a game. That last panel though is great, Bear's face and Pie, lol.

I have to agree with Pie too though in that I hope they make another more "hardcore" Kirby platformer. Not like they were every super hard, but they've always had a pretty good balance of challenge I thought, and yeah, some really cool music. Kirby's Super Star is still one of my favs. The Kirby 64 one wasn't too bad either, though it was painfully short sadly.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares