[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #32 - This Title Trademarked by Nintendo
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #32 - This Title Trademarked by Nintendo

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #32 - This Title Trademarked by Nintendo

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110108.png

So! The comic is up, though I am late to post this. To be honest, this comic was a tough one because it took Pie and I a long time to settle on a script, so of course we ended up being late...again.I really hate being late on the comic - I want to have a sense of trust that people can look forward to reading it Friday mornings. Pie and I just need to grit our teeth and work harder to meet our deadline hehe

I wasn't sure how funny this comic came across - Pie and I spend a lot of time trying to give each one enough punch to garner some laughs but sometimes I wonder if we hit the mark or not. Of course, when we do get direct feedback (especially talking with people directly) sometimes we are really surprised. Some comics I thought were weak with the punch line got better than expected results while some I thought were home-runs fell short of the mark. But that is humor, right? It is subjective and we have to do our best to at least be entertaining and at best get a lot of people laughing.

With the punch line in this comic, we scripted a few different lines for Bear to say but in the end I felt him howling like an ape was more funny. What do you guys think? It is also awesome I think that since Pie's art is good at getting visual gags across that we can be more flexible with our approach (as opposed to only relying on the written punch line). A few of our recent comics were pretty much strictly visual gags so I hope that they are landing well.

Also, I am really happy with the visual look of this comic and a few more of our recent ones. Pie and I love having the lush colors and a vibrant comic overall, which I hope we can continue to do strongly in the future. I kinda feel like with Pie's art it makes up for my writing when it is weak so even if people don't laugh they still find the comic appealing enough to check it out. Of course, I don't want to rely on that and I hope to be more profecient at cracking jokes and making you all smile. =)

P.S. Bear's shit is an easter egg reference to a very awesome anime series. I wonder how many people will recognize it XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #32 - This Title Trademarked by Nintendo

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:55 pm

I liked this comic a good bit, from first panel, to DK antics, and then brought back to reality with Pie. I get the general feel that she both feels bad and worried at the same time...poor Veggie-Diddy.

That said though, you shouldn't worry about them being funny all the time. People all have a different sense of humor, and everyone enjoys comics for different reasons/in different ways. I like the art and any game/anime references, and love a good laugh, but even when it isn't funny I can still enjoy it =)

Sadly, as much anime as I watch I'm not sure where that is from...or I'm just blanking/forgot =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 am

I liked the two new comics a lot too and there are no posts about them...I am sad panda D=
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 am

Sorry Roll! Been UBER busy lately. I'm in the process of posting new threads now. Check em out and leave some comments!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:36 am

no worries I know how that is...I'm kinda talkin to myself half the time anyway ^_^;;

now I gotta go re-check out those comics and comment ::whoosh::
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares