[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #31 - Duct Tales
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #31 - Duct Tales

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #31 - Duct Tales

Postby Bear » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Has be stolen from our tablets and sold on the internet for your discounted entertainment.
http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20101231.png

Pie and I hope that it was funny and that people understood the Two Girls, One Sword mini-joke. The subtitle reads: "You pretty much have to" and I was worried that people wouldn't understand what that meant. Also hoping hidden punch line comes through in the next to the last frame.

This comic was really tough for us to make somewhat on time. The way I wrote my post, you would think we had plenty of time to spare. Well, when I wrote it I was finished with the coloring which was at 5am Friday morning, so I thought we had plenty of time. Sadly though, Pie had not even started on backgrounds and to make matters worse she ended up being very sleepy that day and it took a while for her to get started.

I would like to say it is a cold, or something, since we have been really out of it the last couple weeks. One of the biggest problems that we have been facing though is that our heater has been on the fritz for the last couple years. I feel terrible calling my landlords on it every year because they are so good to us usually and I felt like they have been a little irritated with the house repairs lately because our roof has been having chronic problems. My dad is a plumber and building maintenance engineer for one of the big corporate towers in downtown LA, so he can help me fix it too but every time we do the thermostat seems to fail very soon after (hinting at other more expensive repairs needed).

What usually results is that Pie and I have simply gotten used to living in a cold house during the winter (it's Southern California, so how cold can it be, right?). It isn't too bad as long as we bundle up and keep the windows closed as it will stay around 55 Fahrenheit. Usually the winter is dry also, so we have warm air humidifiers that help heat up the bedroom and office for Pie's dry skin. This year though, we have been having tons and tons of rain and wind, so it has been very humid and very cold - 85% humidity and as low as 40 Fahrenheit inside our bedroom and living room. So this has made it very unbearable to sleep as the sheets are damp from the humidity being too high and downright frigid making our bodies feel lethargic.

So with all that, it has been tough to find the energy to get the comics done on time. But no matter what the hardship, I always know that there are other people who have it worse and I am always considerate of how lucky Pie and I are to be able to do what we love, so we must persevere and continue doing our best!!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #31 - Duct Tales

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 am

I won't lie...I noticed the "Two Girls" shirt right away...and I was like "well, looks like a sword, is that Two Girls One Sword?" but then it doesn't show the rest of the shirt...then I go to the thoughts, see the full pic right there, and I'm like "oh! there it is" and read through...only to find no mention of it whatsoever, lol. To Pie's "thoughts" section, do you guys have a guild on there or are just in one?

I didn't hear about the Gamestops getting robbed...but I have been held up at Game Crazy, and at Hollywood Video, not fun =P

Sorry there's some douche putting your heater on the fritz though...I haven't had firsthand experience so I can't tell you if I know how to get it down from there (sorry that was bad, it's late =P). That sucks though, mainly with the humidity. Here in Vegas it's a really hot and dry heat in the summer, and really cold and dry in the winter, yay deserts =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Bear started a guild called Chromatic Shift on Silvermoon.~ We have about seven active members not including Bear and myself and a ton of other people who are seldom ever on and a ton of alts. XD Bear and some of the others seem interested in growing the guild, but Bear and I aren't doing it actively since we're really busy with a lot of non-WoW stuff. '_'

Wow, you got held up twice? o_o I guess game stores are kinda hot spots for hold-ups, huh? o_< Think you'd be scared if you had to experience a third?

/heh I read Bear's post expecting something on the Two Girls, One Sword image too and was surprised to see nothing too. XD I really like how the image came out. Doing small things like this one and the Happy Ending image were really fun! XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Yeah I was just wondering cause prolly once things die down a bit with my guild on my server I'll prolly make a character or two on yours. I had made that DK but...I don't think I'm really gonna use it, and it's easy enough to lvl now anyway that a 58 lvl boost isn't THAT much...besides, now the azeroth stuff is pretty fun =P

Yeah, being held up was especially scary the first time, but the second time I was more pissed off than scared, and I imagine I would be if it happened again. Most people don't really want to shoot/kill anyone so I guess it didn't bother me as much as it prolly should. Though I imagine if they shot the gun in the air or at someone, fuck yeah I'll be scared lol.

I feel trolled about the whole Two Girls One Sword thing now, lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares