[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #27 - Holiday Shopping Stratagems
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #27 - Holiday Shopping Stratagems

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #27 - Holiday Shopping Stratagems

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:18 pm

...is up.

Going to post this weekly for comment and commentary on each comic individually. I wanted to make comments on the works separate from the thoughts posts that go on the actual site. In these threads, people can comment on this weeks comic and Pie and I will add in any of our individual perspectives.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #27 - Holiday Shopping Strategems

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 pm

So here we go:

This one took us quite some time; Pie keeps telling me that I continually get more ambitious in how much we can squeeze into a single comic. What made this one tough was the sheer number of objects (people and items) that are here. The writing for it was pretty easy and it is our FIRST comic that doesn't actually have a script. We widened the margins a bit into what is usually reserved for speech bubbles because of the nature of this one being a bunch of visual gags.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I got more ambitious with the coloring this time and did Bears hair and the fire and effects for the second row, which I thought came out looking pretty well. The guy on the last panel in the Tetris row ended up sniffing the other guys butt by way of Tetris block placement, which I thought was pretty damn funny with that silly grin Pie put on him. Also, I got tired of drawing people and hid a few things into the coloring of characters. lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #27 - Holiday Shopping Stratagems

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 pm

I like angry Aeris and "fire flower" especially lol. My favorite part about the Tetris though is the inclusion on the "long piece" lol. It's like "oh, crap, not enough...you! over here! ::pushes::"
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:04 pm

I love it!
I too loved the Aeris cameo ( /lv Aeris) I felt so bad for her when Pie torched her flowers, but it was too funny!
Th Tetris thing made me lol. Reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer did that with all the crap he bought at that yard sale /heh

Yes the grinning face guy was quite funny /heh
Great comic this week you two /no1
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Autolux » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I gotta say, the part where she lights the flowers (right in front of aerith's face mind you) literally had me cracking up. Great pick this week guys
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Neraid » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 am

oooh awesome, this is a cool thing to do thanks Wiz!

My favourite part of this comic was how Pie's clothes changed colour when she got the fire flowers :D
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares